Healthiest & tastiest way to cook chicken breast?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Pandora_King
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't call this the healthiest way to cook chicken breast but it was definitely the moistest and tastiest!

Crock Pot Beer Chicken

2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
    1 - 2 bottles/cans of your favorite beer (I used Heineken)
    1 tsp each rosemary, oregano, garlic salt (or powder), cilantro, and whatever other spices you want! The list is endless.

Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or high for 4 - 6 hours.

I overcooked mine on low for 8 - 10 hours and it was fall apart awesome. I used the leftover chicken breast to make BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches. (Shred chicken, add BBQ sauce and put it on a bun!)
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Take one chicken breast, dust with flour, dip in low fat yoghurt, cover with bread crumbs then bake in 180 oC oven until cooked. Just divine and dead simple
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Let the chicken sit 5-10 min before cutting into it.

This. Have found that covering the chicken for a full 10 minutes makes a big difference,regardless of your cooking method..Use foil,plastic wrap or a clean towel.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    get a whole chicken and cook it in the slow cooker. comes out very juice and you can package it and freeze it in portions
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I bake it in olive oil and butter and garlic salt, then for the last ten minutes, layer on a bit of shredded sharp cheddar.
  • Krista916
    Options
    Poach it! I use low sodium chicken stock, fresh rosemary, thyme, sage, whole peppercorns, onion, clelery and carrot. I usually do a family pack of chicken and use about 1-2 boxes of chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer for about 1.5-2 hours. Just falls apart, super moist, tender and tasty and has a million uses!
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I butterfly the breast so that it is thin. Then season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Saute until browned on each side amd cooked through. Remove from the pan to rest. Meanwhile mix equal parts honey and balsamic vinegar and add to the pan. Whisk until it thickens to a galze consistency and pour over the chicken. Believe me hands down best chicken ever.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mine usually turn out dry and just tasteless, so yeah tips?

Simple solution, whatever cooking method you use, get a meat thermometer and take your chicken off the heat at 150-155, you'll be set.

Personally for my really quick no thought chicken I just sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic powder and throw them over my open face grill. Alway cook anything your grilling 75% one side 25% the other so when the white edges start to come up around the edge of the chicken flip, and put in your meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thickest piece.

walla.
  • CrossFitSandra
    Options
    http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/06/09/the-best-chicken-you-will-ever-eat-ever/

This. Do this. Seriously. It's a bit fussy, but I usually make up a bunch at a time and then have it for lunch all week. The spice blend is aaahhh-mazing but the real secret is brining.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas!!!
  • ColoradoBorn
    Options
    I just tried this method and it worked great for me. I made 6 chicken breasts on Sunday for the week. I keep them in the fridge and take one to work every day in Tupperware. I heat it up for 1 minute. Has good flavor and is not dry.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-moist-tender-chicken-breasts-every-time-36891