Anyone else sweating for the wedding?

Options
So I recently got engaged and while I've been on this health and fitness journey for the last year I am MORE than determined to work even harder and look BANGIN' in my wedding dress!

I bet there's lots of brides on here doing the same, so why not do it TOGETHER!!! Add me, message me, or respond here. Either way, be my motivation/workout/healthy eating partner as we count down the days until we say I DO!

Replies

• irishiwerethin
    irishiwerethin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am also sweating for the wedding!! I'm aiming to lose 30-40lbs. I just got back on the wagon this week and am hoping for real results this time around!!
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes. My wedding is t-10 days! And I just hit my goal!
    Lets motivate!!
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    That's awesome! Well thanks for the add, we're doing it together!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Well thanks for the add, we're doing it together!

@samanthalee87 - your profile before & after are great!!! How did you do it??
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Can I join the club? I love matrimony talk. I have a long distance BF and I am prettttty sure I am being proposed to in April. So that whole wedding "thing" is a big motivator for me!!! I want to elope, so preparing for the engagement is pretty much the same as preparing for the wedding.

yay! :)
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    Sweating and wedding talk... I love it!! Who else is getting married soon?!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I am! I have 2 years to look smokin' hot in Mexico. I've been engaged for 3 years already (we decided to buy a house first). I'm in a wedding in August, so I'm hoping to be at my goal weight, which is 40lbs down. That way I can maintain for my wedding.
  • bnsnwldwmn
    Options
    Count me in!

The big day is October 4, 2014, and I have about 25 pounds to lose. My fiance says he still thinks I'm sexy (this is how I know he's a keeper), but I'd like to get back to where I was when we met. I've been "trying" the last couple months, but I'm really knuckling down now, and I would love some support as well!
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A good friend is getting married in April and I want to look good for her wedding. Her wedding is in Arizona so I won't be wearing heavy clothing. Maybe slimming down will open more dating options for me. :-)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Wedding dress shopping in 2 months, getting married October 4th.

I've been on here a long time and though my weight it up and down, my body has transformed and I am still 3 sizes down from where I started. My goal is to feel/look good in my dress, not hit a number..

Working extra hard the next two months to cut a bit more and show what lifting has done for me!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

The big day is October 4, 2014, and I have about 25 pounds to lose. My fiance says he still thinks I'm sexy (this is how I know he's a keeper), but I'd like to get back to where I was when we met. I've been "trying" the last couple months, but I'm really knuckling down now, and I would love some support as well!

Same day as me! :flowerforyou:
  • bnsnwldwmn
    Options
    Aw, yay! :) I wonder if there's anyone else . . .
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I too am sweating for the wedding! I am trying to shed about 30-35lbs for my wedding in fall 2014. We don't have an exact date set. We got engaged on June 26th of this year but we decided to buy a home first before spending all of our $ on a wedding. I'd really like to get down to a healthy weight for my body to set a good example for our future children.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    3/8/14
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married soon, but we've set the date. It's 23rd July 2015.
    Since I started on here in January I've lost 28lbs (it fluctuates a bit but I did get down to 119lbs!). So I'm at my weight loss goal, and am now moving on to the fitness side of it.
    I've started running, and have my first 10K race in 10 days (eep!) and I've rejoined the gym, and have started doing yoga classes and a bit of ab work to get more, you know, tight.
    I suppose any exercise is better than none, but does anyone ever feel a bit overwhelmed about what to do for which body part??
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

Aww, it's great that he still thinks you're sexy at your current size, but it's about how you feel too.
    If you would feel happier and healthier at a lower weight or smaller size then go for it, and he'll still think you're sexy then too x
  • xbrittanyrenee
    Options
    I'm recently engaged as well (this past August)! our wedding plans are underway, but we're waiting until i'm done with my master's degree to get married. Our date is October 24, 2015! I do have some time, but I want to get healthy//fit in the meantime!
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I totally am! We are getting married on the 20th of July 2014. I already have my dress but have not started fittings yet...those start in April and I am DETERMINED to be down to my 1st goal weight by then. 19 pounds to go!!! Technically I don't care about weight as much as I do inches, but once I have lost 19 I will be in the mid healthy range for my BMI so it is the goal I set myself!
  • Hi! I am going to be a bride in Feb 2015. I don't have lots of weight to lose (btwn 5 - 7 kg) but I want to look amazing for my wedding (and get me some muscle, hello toned arms!) and drop some weight soon so I can start dress shopping! Congratulations everyone and good luck :) x
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I AM!!!!! I started hardcore dieting Monday January 7th. I use to be so good at watching what I ate and worked out a lot more. I realisticlly need to loose about 15 pounds for my wedding. I am not bad but I am a little too thick for my petitte 5'1 frame. So the wedding really kicked in the motivation. My date is July 3rd and I have a lot of time. I want to look great for everything not just the wedding day. I want to look good for the bridal shower and my bachlorette party.

What are your goals?
    Do you have rules?

For example, one of my rules at work is stairs only!! My Goal is to be active at least 5 days a week. So gym 3 days and maybe yoga at home the other 2 days. This week I only did 4 days but next week it is on.