how often should i do a workout

Options
Title says it all really, im trying to get rid of my three year old baby fat lol
im calorie counting and watching my carb intake, i can feel a difference but the scales are not liking me at the moment lol
I have been doing x2 a week of 30 min workouts at home and occasionally going up and down the stairs as much as i can do.

so how often do you work out and what do you do???

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 5 days a week but don't beat myself up if it's just 4. What kind of workout are you doing?
  • paul100
    Options
    Twice a week of 30mins is not a lot really as far as making a significant difference goes. As a starting point I try to do something every day... that might not involve actually going to a gym, or pulling on my running kit, but at least go for a walk or replace a car journey with a bicycle ride ... or whatever.
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ive started recording some differemt exercises on my sky box on the body in balance or fitness tv channel which im enjoying but i didnt know how often i should be doing them? and god do i sweat!! lol so its got to be doing something.

what is shoot???
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It is recommended to exercise for weight loss at least 5 days a week. Anything less than that will give you results, but they will be much slower and your cardiovascular health will not improve as fast either.

I personally workout 6 days a week at the highest intensity that I can. Intensity is a HUGE factor when it comes to exercising for weight loss. The more intense, the less you have to do in a day. I burn the same in 30-40 minutes of highly intense interval training as some do during lower intensity aerobic activity such as jogging, step aerobics, etc.
  • luckygyrl1005
    Options
    I just started my plan in September. I ride my stationary bike for 20 minutes twice a day, 7 days a week. I have lost 22 lbs. and down two sizes. I guess whatever works for you... Good luck!
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I started working out to loose weight and found that I look forward to using it to relieve stress. I go 6 to 7 days a week in hopes of loosing but forget all about it and work out until I feel done. I like the sweat and feel at the end. Normally it is 30 min on a treadmill at a good walking pace and about and hour or so of strength training. I was not sure either, but some one told me not to work out too much...If it feels good and helps, is there too much?
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I think 3x each week is recommended to simply maintain your weight.....So, upwards of 3 days/week should start your weight loss. I work out 6-7 days/week, but include a variety of exercises. It is great fun to work out and can be a social outlet too!
    Good luck!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. Sometimes 7 if I feel like on my rest day, but nothing drastic. Having a in-home workout program is more motivating, for me at least.
  • scooby1298
    Options
    Having to start somewhere is the hardest thing to do. Having had to do it myself following a heart bypass operation the first thing I found was to exercise little but often. IE walking twice - three times a day for about 5mins, then biuld it up week by week until you are walking for 45 mins - 1 hr spread over the day if necessary. Don't forget when doing the shopping, puching the baby in a buggy etc they can all be counted within areas of MFP, you will be surprised how over what can be a realtive short period of time you will gain in fitness and exercise. For the main part try to do a liitle every day and build it up rather than the gym twice a week.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It is recommended to exercise for weight loss at least 5 days a week. Anything less than that will give you results, but they will be much slower and your cardiovascular health will not improve as fast either.

I personally workout 6 days a week at the highest intensity that I can. Intensity is a HUGE factor when it comes to exercising for weight loss. The more intense, the less you have to do in a day. I burn the same in 30-40 minutes of highly intense interval training as some do during lower intensity aerobic activity such as jogging, step aerobics, etc.
    How in the world are you able to do 30-40 minutes of HIIT? If I really give it my all during HIIT, I'm lucky to hit 20 minutes.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I do strength training 7 days a week and cardio at least 5 days, usually 7 days. I say do what feels right. I feel GREAT working out this often and can definitely see an improvement in how I feel.