vacation...

Options
i'm leaving tomorrow for a weeklong vacation in spain!

i'm really excited about the trip, but also very nervous about being able to stick to my diet.
my sister is traveling with me, and she's one of those women you hate who can eat absolutely anything she wants and stay rail thin :grumble:

any tips or advice for sticking to a healthy diet on vacation?

Replies

• lauraj828
    lauraj828 Posts: 45
    Options

i'm really excited about the trip, but also very nervous about being able to stick to my diet.
    my sister is traveling with me, and she's one of those women you hate who can eat absolutely anything she wants and stay rail thin :grumble:

• ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :glasses: :happy: :drinker:

OMG..Spain?.....worry about it when you get home. Have a great time!!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Well, the good news is that the portions over there are smaller, and hit the tapas bars! The tapas are great for portion control! And they offer lots of fresh fish and healthy choices! The paella with shrimp is amazing! I'm envious...went to Barcelona and would love to go back one day! And walk EVERYWHERE, you'll burn calories all day long! Have fun!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    OMG spain wow!! dont worry yourself how often do you get to go to spain?? enjoy it its not like you will be laying in bed all day right. you will burn off what you eat. have a great vacay.
  • nmonkey
    nmonkey Posts: 66
    Options
    Eat what you want but in moderation. You will be in Spain and will want to experience the culture!!! Have fun, enjoy the food and yourself!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Spain!!! So exciting...
    Maybe you could take some hikes out there and do alot of sightseeing...and lots of fresh seafood.
  • lauraj828
    lauraj828 Posts: 45
    Options
    thanks everyone for the well wishes!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm green with envy! Have a great trip!

You will have lots of healthy seafood options, and I'm sure will be walking A LOT! Have fun!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Vacation is where you go and have fun DO NOT worry about what to eat or if you are eating too much. You will ruin your vacation if you do. Just don't over do it, but enjoy what you eat when you eat. Worry about it when you get home.

Have a fun and safe trip.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options

i leave for spain on sunday, i am only thinking sangria, wine, tapas, fun! being good can wait a week.

Where in Spain are you heading to?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I went to Spain for 2 weeks when I was in high school, and had the best time ever. I remember losing a bunch of weight because we walked everywhere! Have a great time!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

i leave for spain on sunday, i am only thinking sangria, wine, tapas, fun! being good can wait a week.

Where in Spain are you heading to?

"Being good can wait a week"

I like your way of thinking.....:smokin: :drinker:
  • lauraj828
    Options
    thanks again for all of your support!
    the trip was amazing. i didn't stress too much about food, enjoyed the spanish culture, and didn't gain any pounds!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a fun adventure and not gaining!!! YEY YOU!!!