co-worker venting thread

Options
13»

Replies

• seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My co-worker (with whom I share an office) gets up at the end of the day and just leaves. She never says goodbye/goodnight/have a good weekend. We can be talking one minute and then she'll start to get ready to go and just walk out. It's not so annoying as puzzling. Others at my work think she's just rude.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    They're breathing, for starters.

Apparently I work with a grown adults who never got past the junior high mentality.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am my only coworker..... and I annoy the *kitten* out of myself sometimes.

This.

Why has no one commented on this. Genius. Hilarious.

:flowerforyou:
  • sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We have a girl her that no one likes, not one person you talk to in our office has anything nice to say about her. She is loud and acts like a know it all, but then ask questions about stupid little easy **** that has been explained to her 100 times. she is always touching me, like if she ask me a question she puts her hand on my back and rubs, its creepy annoying and she gave me a stupid nickname....she walks around calling me sarah beara. it makes me want to high five her.... in the face. on top of all that she is a one-upper and a kiss *kitten*....i could go on for days....
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I work with this girl who is one of the most miserable and unintelligent people I have ever met. She tries to cause drama between other coworkers... for example:

I looked frustrated one day and she asked what was wrong. I explained that the new girl is still learning so she's still slow... this means I have to do my job as well as help her keep up with hers and I'm very busy with my job alone so I'm frustrated.

My coworker told the new girl that I said she is no good at her job and I'm tired of doing all of her work for her. Long story short: I ended up having to explain the whole situation to the manager who (thankfully) realizes that my coworker does this crap all the time... so she got herself in trouble instead. That didn't stop the new girl from hating me until she actually got to know me.

She is just plain ol' stupid! For example:

She ordered something online and had it delivered to our work address. She asked me if the mail came yet. I said I wasn't sure and went to check for her. There was a pile of mail addressed TO us and the mail that had been waiting to be picked up was gone. MY conclusion was that our mail had been delivered already. I told her it came and she asks me "If you didn't see the lady deliver it, how do you know she came." I explained that it was addressed to us, therefor had been delivered to us. She refused to believe it could have been delivered if nobody saw it get delivered (P.S. We hardly ever actually see the postal worker drop our mail off). My coworker decided that the boss wanted all 6-7 pieces of mail returned to sender and took our outgoing mail to the post office on his lunch break. When she rationalizes (or tries to) everything is so complicated.... and stupid.

She thinks I steal from her on a regular basis. Keep in mind, my boss gives me as many pens as I want for free. For example:

On SEVERAL occasions she has come up to me and asked something along the lines of "Did you take my (insert color here) pen (or candy bar or money)?" No, I will tell her. I never take any of your pens without asking you first, I will remind her. She says "Oh... well if you did, I wouldn't be mad at you." Good to know, I respond, but I still didn't take you pen. Hours later, somebody will return her pen and she will ask me "Did you see who put my pen back?" No, I snap at her, I was too busy doing my job to be watching your desk.

Probably my favorite time was when she asked if I saw anybody take her favorite pink pen. I told her NO, I was busy working. She says "Oh, well I was just wondering because some things are moved at my desk and it looks like somebody scribbled in that color to test it out and now it's gone." My response: Well, then I guess somebody took your pen. Her response: "Was it you?"

She lies constantly. For example:
    The manager was out for the day and it was a Friday before a holiday weekend. a lot of people had off so we were understaffed (but also slow at work). She was frustrated with having to do extra work and asked the supervisor for a cigarette break. We don't get cigarette breaks... He told her no but she decided to take one anyway and told the rest of us that he said she could since she was so stressed out. A lot of coworkers were angry that THEY weren't allowed to take a break and told the manager the next work day. It was a HUGE ordeal and she got in a lot of trouble.

She lies to get out of work too. For example:
    She told the manager she needed a second job and would have to leave an hour early every day. He let her do this and she kept leaving early for a few weeks. I moved to a new apartment in the meantime and had to drive past her house. Her car was in the driveway. I thought maybe she got sick or fired or something came up so I kept my mouth shut. After a week, I asked her about her new job. She explained how tough it was going right there from work. I asked if she even has time to go home and eat dinner and she said no. She leaves from one job and goes right to the next. I'm not proud, but I sure am satisfied for ratting her out. She got called into the office and suddenly didn't have to leave early for her "second job" anymore.

She called off one day when it rained saying her basement flooded... our boss drove to her house and insisted she show him her basement... which was completely dry. She got suspended for that.

Once more:
    Our supervisor got fired and for SOME reason she got it in her head that I wanted to be the new one. I swear to gods that I do NOT want to be responsible for the many failures of my incompetent coworkers... AND I'm starting school so I can get out of that place... but for whatever reason she decided I had my eye on the position. So she told the boss a bunch of lies about me and I had to have a long talk with him... which was really just him letting me know that he had some complaints that I was being bossy and it was rubbing people the wrong way. For the record, I don't talk to anybody at work if I can help it because most people there are dimwits. I don't know what it is about this region, but SO many people around here just plain suck. I have nothing in common with them and I sure as hell don't want to try to talk to them. I keep to myself to avoid BS like this. I sat there looking confused and let him know I would try to be more mindful but I don't know what I'm doing differently. The SECOND I walked out of his office I glared at the nasty coworker because I KNEW it was her. She says to me "Just so you know, I don't have a problem with you, I just know other people do and wanted to look out for you." So I calmly told her that next time somebody has a problem with me, just tell me so I can talk to them about it.

That is a very SMALL list of the things she does. This happens on a regular basis. At least twice a month she's causing some trouble that lands her or somebody else in the bosses office. I do NOT know why she's still employed there... She makes so many mistakes, causes so much trouble and calls off way too often to be reliable... UGH! I can't stand her.

The scariest thing of all is that she has two children... Those poor, poor children...
  • F00LofaT00K
    Options
    I have a co-worker that picks his nose all....damn...day and then proceeds to touch everything. When I call him out on it, he denies it all.

We had one of these so somebody printed out this comic and hung it all over his work space.
    http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeAbO_6bmnK5iQUrk-ZWPf8RyAjNOfvU7ZUoh4ze2W12-JoVoWfQ
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I will have you know, I read your entire rant lol. You seemed like you needed to vent majorly. How has she not gotten fired yet?
  • F00LofaT00K
    Options
    I will have you know, I read your entire rant lol. You seemed like you needed to vent majorly. How has she not gotten fired yet?

Our company isn't big on firing people if they can help it. It has something to do with unemployment benefits...... One guy would sit at his work area and eat food while his work piled up and refused to lift anything he decided was too heavy. He didn't get fired until he pulled his ::ehem:: genitals out in front of a coworker.

My boss is usually awesome, but sometimes I just don't get it!! :explode:
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Two of our engineers are complete and utter know-it-alls who have absolutely no social skills or verbal filters. They routinely get into yelling matches because they each think their idea is THE only way to do something. Complete with temper tantrums and door slamming.

There is one word in your sentence that explains it all:

Engineer.
  • Meloneyd
    Meloneyd Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have 2 big ones:

1. Very nice, very sweet lady who feels comfortable enough around me to burp and fart in my cube. Instead of being embarrassed, she'll say excuse me and continue with the conversation. The last time (and I'm not kidding) she farted like 4 times within a five minute span and then finally excused herself to go to the bathroom. I was disgusted. Very disturbing.
    2. ITA about women over 30 and under 50. For some reason a lot of them do complain about EVERYTHING and are so self entitled.