Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    chocolate is healthy
  • Thommothebear
    Thommothebear Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chocolate isn't unhealthy. Go for darker if you want more nutrients (it's a decent source of several minerals) and/or less sugar, and eat it in appropriate quantities. Works for me. :smile:

+1

70%+ dark chocolate is fine, just not too much of it in one go, leave the milk chocolate alone though (I don't understand how they are allowed to even call that stuff chocolate)
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    When I was seriously trying to lose weight, chocolate fibre one bars were my daily treat. Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate is awesome. 180 calories for a 1/4 c serving with lots of antioxidants. Remember, on MFP you can have anything, as long as you plan for it.
  • feadzy
    feadzy Posts: 22
    Options
    I tried a thing I found which ended up tasting pretty good and sorted my choco craving..

1 avocado
    1 tbsp of cocoa
    2 tbspo of maple syrup

blend it and wahla! chocolate mouse :)

Also a ripe(!) banana + cocoa (and some stevia or honey or something else sweet, if you need it) worked for me :)
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Silly people! Dried fruit is 90% sugar and 100% not chocolate.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 18 kg (about 40 pounds):happy: but nothing in the last 6 months:cry: , I do a lot of exercise which allows me quite a nice diet but I still sneak the odd chocolate bar or biscuit now and again:embarassed: . My kids all all very slim so not having treats in the house is not an option as it would be unfair to deprive them. I was after a few ideas as to healthy snacks I could have at hand for when the huger pains kick in that would be a whole lot better than reaching for the biscuit barrel.
    if you haven't lost anything in six months, chances are it's not the odd chocolate bar or biscuit "now and again" that's causing you to not lose.

i would re-*kitten* your intake, make sure you are logging consistently, make sure you are weighing and not guesstimating foods, make sure you aren't over-estimating your calories burned etc.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I am fine with pure cocoa, chocolate is a totally other issue. Most chocolate bars have vanilla added it took me ages to realise that the very small amount involved was causing me problems. I have to go for chocolate unflavoured by anything fruits, nuts, I have even seen a pepper one............

At my ripe old age I have become highly salicylate sensitive and would not want anyone else to end up where I am now. The cumulative effects are so very bad.

added
    I agree with the above post, weight and portion size of meals, or have you naturally got to where your body needs to be?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Fresh gooey dates!!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate with almonds

or milk chocolate with carrots

or white chocolate with cranberries
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing, you're likely not logging (or not logging correctly).
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's still chocolate but it's yummy chocolate, Lindt, 30 grams of the Mint Supreme is only 162 calories! <3
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85 or 90%. Even 70% I can over eat, but not 85%+. I far prefer Lindt over say Green and blacks. I've tried one or two others brands, but can't always get them locally. 115cal for 2 squares, 9gm fat, total carbs 7.5gm, sugars 2.5gm. 2 squares with a cup of coffee - happy days.

http://www.lindtusa.com/shop/85-cocoa-excellence-bar
    - They suggest a serving is 4 squares, I often just stick with 2.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    The hardest part about eating chocolate is putting the bar down instead of eating the whole thing lol.....

There is no real substitute for chocolate in my opinion but good quality chocolate is extra good and sometimes rather rich so you eat less of it...

Chocolate can not be replaced..or left out i mean come on its chocolate!!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Melt it into some kale.

;)

Or cauliflower

^^ It exists, after a quick google search I found a recipe for chocolate cauliflower "cake". :sick:

At OP, stop trippin..eat yo chocolate. If it fits within your macros, and you eat it according to serving size and not an entire bar or whatever in one sitting you should be fine. While I do make some healthier choices whenever possible, I personally have no qualms about eating what I want (including desserts) as long as it fits within my goal, but that's just me..this thing has to be realistic for me or else I'll binge and eat all the foods because I'll feel deprived and hangry.

Sometimes, if I'm low on leftover calories for the day and craving chocolate my go to snack is taking one snack cup of Jello Mousse Temptations in Sugar free dark chocolate (60 calories), and adding a crushed up mini candy bar (my fav is a mini heath bar 38 calories) or a tbsp of dark chocolate baking chips (about 30 calories), and topping it off with two tbsp of reddi-wip sugar free whipped topping (5 calories). Altogether it's pretty low cal (138 calories, 6 grams of fat, 3 grams of protein) and it tastes like I'm eating something decadent.

Also, just to put it out there Brookside brand offers 100 calorie packs of dark chocolate covered pomegranate which is pretty delicious.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I personal don't see a need to replace chocolate, I would much rather fit it into my day.. Nothing better than a bowl of Cashews and Milk Chocolate chip kisses for an afternoon snack.... Best of Luck
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Organic cacao powder, raw honey, coconut oil or cacao butter and you got your own healthy chocolate, you can even add some raw nuts to it like pecans or hazelnuts. Anything above 70% pure is not that unhealthy either and there are organic options :wink:

Above are great choices. Also, Cacao 'nibs' are sold just about everywhere and are good choice too. They are basically raw chocolate that have not been processed yet (no sugar/fat, etc., has been added, so you can adjust to what tastes good)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-7862-1364571321-1.gif

Magic Chocolate, just one square a day and it never runs out.

Can't stop watching this.
  • Simmi37
    Simmi37 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you Guys, so much to go on. I think I will start by buying some good quality dark chocolate and splitting it up into portions, as someone mentioned it is hard to put a bar back down. I will let you know how I get on.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for chocolate. Just eat better quality chocolate and less of it.

This.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I personal don't see a need to replace chocolate, I would much rather fit it into my day.. Nothing better than a bowl of Cashews and Milk Chocolate chip kisses for an afternoon snack.... Best of Luck

That sounds heavenly but we dont get those kisses over here...:sad: lol
    Woah hold up I just found them on amazon lol....yay there is a god! :drinker: