anyone have histamine intolerance ?

This is new to me. I've been doing low carb, high fat. Suddenly, I get misquito bite looking hives on my arms. Has to be a reaction to something. I 've looked it up and it seems to be, histamines. I'm going to allergist, but would like some input on histamine stuff first hand. Anyone familiar with this ?

Replies

• Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Histamine builds up under the skin and is usually a reaction to uv radiation. I have a condition called solar urticaria where I break out on hives, burn exceptionally easily, and histamine builds up under my skin turning me red, blotchy and sore. My dermatologist recommends reactine. When I have a bad attack, I take a reactine and it usually calms down. Essentially I can't go out when the sun is at its peak, and when I am outside, I apply sunscreen every half hour.

I don't know if you can have a histamine build up due to changes in food etc. I only know of it as a reaction from the sun, so if you learn more I would love to know.
  • Yes, I have an histamine intolerance and have had to completely change my diet and my relationship with food. I had to go through allergy testing and LEAP MRT testing with little relief until finally realizing that my symptoms were beccause of an histamine intolerance which I verified with an elimination diet. I have since found some very helpful information from http://thelowhistaminechef.com/.

Feel free to message me if you have questions. This is not easy to overcome.