ready to make a change, but need a boost

Options
Hi, I just found this forum, I was using web md wich is basicly the same thing. but I need encouragement and for people to got through this journey with me. I found if you go it alone it never lasts. I need to lose over 40 lbs basicly to keep my aging body healthy and I want to start feeling human again. I love to do things and once motivated its great but as soon as I mess up. I quit. and I don't want to be a quitter.

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    This site is great! There is a lot of information that you can find, but it is from normal people not professionals. You can gether friends who help encourage you, motivate you, answer questions, give advice, hold you accountable, make you laugh, whatever it is you need. Feel free to FR me! I am on here everyday. I am in maintenance now, but I am still active on MFP and plan to stay that way for a long time. Good luck and welcome!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You need to stop looking at this as something you start and stop. You need to find changes you can make that you can stick to forever. If it's too difficult you won't keep it up and you'll regain any weight you lose. Make small, sustainable changes.

Try setting your MFP goal to losing 1/2 a pound per week to start. It won't even feel like dieting.
  • bryntevans01
    bryntevans01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you joined a gym yet? If not you really should. Add me as a friend if you like and il try my best to keep pushing you. Its a lifestyle change not a diet. x
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just turned 48, I hear you on changes in the body.

You have three big / young / reasons at home to make this change. Consider it part of their curriculum for school. Learning to eat healthy! Learning about calories and exercise. Not about fat and body image but Healthy. Healthy eating, healthy snacking. Food is not the enemy but the bodies friend.

Change the lesson in everyone's head and I bet you change your life!
  • jenniferjw4
    jenniferjw4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you are so right, We call it getting healthy , the hardest part is my 10 year old is showing signs of anorexia, so when I was helping my 12 year old get healthy my 10 year old took more interest. my 12 year old bindges and my 10 year old watches everything she eats and that's not much at all. as far as DR.S IM supposed to have more calories around for my 10 yr old and less around for my 12. MEANWHILE I need to eat to show my 10 yr old eating is a good thing, but then I gain the weight not her. uggh it seems so impossible at times. I litteratly have to sneak on this sight so my 10 yr old don't see me doing this. I have a treadmill, eleptical, and wii fit, and a bunch of dvds . sounds like the perfect set up right? they never get used! we do it together for a week then get board or something happens and we skip a day and you know how that goes. an example of my struggles are my 2 younger daughters 8 and 10 are eating lunch at the moment, bagel, ham sandwich with a side of lemon sr cookies. It is so hard not to grab a cookie. as I Am a vegiterian and have stomach issues that limit what I can eat. im basicly stuck eating carbs. pasta with no sauce, beans in a fajheta wrap, ect... or just a banana, rice cake peanutbutter. is a meal I can eat. so maybe now you can see why I feel this journey is impossible. I guess im looking for people to tell me there is a way to make this all work out. and that I can lose weight while helping my other daughters. first step is now I am going to walk on the treadmill.