Starting Fresh - 100 lbs to lose and looking for support

Options
Hey all,

I started MFP initially in December 2012. I was active for about 5 months and lost about 20 lbs. However, I fell off the wagon and have gained that back.

I'm starting fresh now and am looking to lose 100 lbs total. From my previous experience, I know that MFP works if you're diligent about recording what you eat and you treat it as a lifestyle change (not a diet!)

I'm looking to connect with people to support one another and help each other as we work on getting healthy. In particular, I'm interested in a support network of similarly situated folks (I'm 32, single professional, with about 100 lbs to lose), but am open to whatever help i can get!

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for good MFP groups to join for somebody like me, I'd appreciate any recommendations. Best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• ajmurray05
    ajmurray05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was on once before and fell off the wagon too. I just started back on Monday 12/2/13. I have 88lbs total I would like to lose.
    I am really having a hard time finding motivation to go to the gym. Are you exercising? Are you following a specific diet plan?
  • Midtown_Masala
    Options
    I'm going to start by getting my calories under control. For now, I'm going to focus on staying under my MFP suggested calories. Once I do that, I'll focus on making sure that the calories I'm eating are "quality" calories. Finally, after all that, I will work on adding exercise into the equation.
  • mojpal
    mojpal Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm starting fresh too. I have about 80 pounds to lose. Add me as a friend if you want and we can support each other.
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello there and welcome back! Feel free to add me!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Welcome back feel free to add me I still have 60 or 70 to go
  • twistedbutterfly
    twistedbutterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have about 150lbs left to lose and am happy to support anyone. Feel free to add me. :)
  • kjdunn68
    kjdunn68 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. I did not get serious until September of this year and I have a ways to go.
  • lkniebuehler
    Options
    feel free to add me... happy to help support and motivate!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! You can do anything you put your mind too!
  • pahock
    pahock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am new here and would like to lose about 60 lbs. I actually won a biggest loser competition a year and a half ago, but I gained everything back and then some. Its not that I don't know how to do it, its just that I sabotage myself. I love food and I hate exercising.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey man, I know how you feel. I joined ages ago and never took it seriously, until 7 months ago. Since then, I've lost 100+ plus lbs, still got about 50 to go!

Feel free to add me!
  • racheltwoshoes
    racheltwoshoes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP on and off for quite a while before but I never did the social aspect of it... I decided to delete my old account and start fresh. I have already lost 20-some lbs and looking to lose another 80. I am also an unmarried professional, and I travel quite a bit for work and my long distance relationship. It's hard to keep up healthy habits when I'm away from home a few weeks of every month!

Feel free to add me!
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.

Like you I have been here since August 2012. Lost 60 and then life happened and I regained half. I am back on track now for a couple months.

I am about a decade older with a little more weight than you to lost but if that's ok feel free to add me.