Call for help... not losing any weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Emajination
    Options

I only drink Water, no tea or coffee or sodas or anything.. Just water
    [/quote]

You food diary says something different. Not that it really matters, because you don't eat enough on average and a soda here and there will not do you any harm. Maybe, and I say this with all respect ,you are not really aware of what you eat, how much and when; pre-planning helps a lot with that.....and of course sticking to that plan .
    [/quote]

You are correct, I guess I should have said I basically drink water and if I drink anything other than water I made sure to log it on the days that I logged :)

Going forward I will be logging EVERYTHING, water etc
  • Emajination
    Options
    Another thing....Do you eat any home made meals for lunch or dinner? I see alot of Chic Fil A meals. Is it really from there or did you just find that cuz you are eating breaded/fried chicken? Home made meals are usually less fat and always healthier over all. Even if you got to take an extra hour or 2 out of your day once a week to prepare foods and freeze them for dinners then do so

yes, I eat alot of ChikFila :( I know I should cook more often.. but yes I do
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Another thing....Do you eat any home made meals for lunch or dinner? I see alot of Chic Fil A meals. Is it really from there or did you just find that cuz you are eating breaded/fried chicken? Home made meals are usually less fat and always healthier over all. Even if you got to take an extra hour or 2 out of your day once a week to prepare foods and freeze them for dinners then do so

Nothing wrong with eating chick-fil-a! An easy way to meet your protein macro, that's for sure. :-D
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Nothing wrong with eating chick-fil-a! An easy way to meet your protein macro, that's for sure. :-D

True that! I eat chipotle several times a week. Just make sure you log it!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    first of all... Good luck in your journey!
    From what I saw in your diary... you're not eating enough....

Regarding the message above, and similar messages you got advising you to eat more. Before you do start eating more ... Log your food accurately. As many have already posted above, most likely you are eating too much. But you will find this out with accurate logging.

From my experience...
    Logging accurately is difficult at first, but gets much easier.

#1 Tip. Log accurately.

I found I could not 'guess' accurately at all. Serving size is much to ambiguous sometimes, so I have to measure and weigh everything. Heck -- even this morning I carefully measured out my cereal and milk, and weighed my fruit. But as time has gone by, for some foods I find myself being able to guess far more accurately.

#2 Tip. Log often

I also recommend that you log immediately after (or before) your meals and snacks. This has the added benefit of making you more 'aware' of what you eat. Heck... by simply doing this I changed my eating behavior. I found every time i wanted to snack I would think if I really wanted it enough to log it. LOL -- so my snacking cut way back... and the pounds started coming off without dieting!

48403347.png

I agree I usually log right before I eat and then change it after wards or add to it if I didnt exactly have the rice that I thought I had but had a different brand and flavor I changed it. Or that if I had wine with dinner then Ill log it in afterwards
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for responding..

Going forward, I will incorporate:
    1. Logging everything put in my mouth
    2. Increase my vegetable/fruit intake and log it :)
    3. Continue being consistent with my exercise, #60daysoffitness
    4. Weigh my food, to ensure I'm eating my serving size.
    5. Eat more food (I was not eating enough nor was I eating my exercise calories)
    6. Start taking my measurements

Thank you so much for helping me to see what I have been doing incorrectly... I'm going to remain focused and determined to get this weight off!!

I'll keep my diary public for accountability :)
    You got it girl....one more thing..be wary about the website and MFP calorie burn amounts if that is what you are using to calculate how many cals you burned....I would probably start off by only eating half of your exercise calories...
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I believe you are correct..while there is nothing wrong with an occasional meal like that the sodium alone makes a person not want to eat out! I can have a fairly healthy mcwrap at mcdonalds but I also know that my disadvantage will be the high sodium...and sodium, well...bloat bloat bloat!
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Also once you start logging more accurately and see how many calories you in take {which I believe some one mentioned} you can then readjust your calories. I did a few times but Im managing to keep it around 1400 for one I seem to average a little over it but for 2 if I decide to eat a little extra for that day then at least I know Im either really close to it or just slightly over
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Whats your height weight and age? And how long is your workout routine?

My height is 5'7, age 43 and my workouts range from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours

I would set your calories at 1800 (macro's at 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats) and log everything with a food scale and daily. This is critical to understanding your success. What you can do is add 200 calories until you hit 1800. So do 1 week at 1200 (while logging daily) and then add 200 calories the following week, etc.. Once you hit 1800, stay there for 1 month to see progress. This is actually average for women (see below). So try not to be scared of 1800 calories, think of it like you get the ability to eat more delicious food. Remember, food is fuel.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day

Awesome that makes sense.. I was scared of eating so many calories :( Does the 1800 include my exercise calories as well?

That's a great suggestion to add 200 calories gradually. Thank you for doing the calculations for me and posting the link

It's 1800 total. This is the TDEE method so I included exercise in the equation. So regardless of exercise or non exercise, eat the same thing.

BTW, the method I use is a custom set up, so you don't have to worry about the 1 lb vs 1.5 lb loss.

This is indeed a better and easier method to follow. Exercise is already taken into account so you dong have to log it or anything. Just your food...:-)

1lb a week may seem small but its actually a very good rate and it increases your chances of keeping tge weight off seeing as it promotes a slow but steady loss.
  • RhiannonBaugh
    RhiannonBaugh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I've been working diligently on finding the right combination for my diet and exercise all my life!!!! At the beginning of November I set a goal #60daysoffitness goal, basically to exercise for at least an hour everyday for 60 days. (Something that I never normally do, I would exercise maybe once or twice a WEEK). But anyway, as of today, I am on day 25. I am so happy that I have made it this far.

My exercise consist of approx 3 miles walking/jogging, 100 squats, push-ups, ab work, jump rope.

My issue is that within the 25 days of exercising, I HAVEN'T LOST ONE DANG GONE POUND. I feel so defeated. (tears as I type this). I don't understand why I'm not losing weight. I have tried to track my food daily on MFP, from the snacks etc, When I look at my diary, I don't see anything that stands out that will prevent me from losing. Before November my diet was out of control. For Thanksgiving I limited my intake especially of sweets.

I am addicted to sugar but I have tried to eat something else to satisfy that craving (almonds, yogurt). I'm at my wits end in trying to figure out why I'm not losing weight.

Yea, yea, I've seen NSV (non scale victories) my legs are stronger and more tone, but my clothes fit the same!!!

I really don't know what to do, I'm thinking of just stopping my #60daysoffitness and not do anything at all!!!

Please help! :explode:

I was told that I craved sugar grab a piece of fruit.. They have the same sweet taste and have sugars in them that are easier for you digestive system. Also you could try just chewing some gum that helped me out as well.

How much water do you drink? You could have water weight which is making it look like your not losing weight, the more water you drink the more water your body will let go of so give it a try.

I also find relying on scales isn't always the best option because muscle is heavier than fat so your scales could be unreliable, start taking your measurements every week to see if your losing inches and weigh yourself less often.

I hope this helps and you start getting the result you want :) Good luck!
  • jennegan1
    Options
    I believe you are correct..while there is nothing wrong with an occasional meal like that the sodium alone makes a person not want to eat out! I can have a fairly healthy mcwrap at mcdonalds but I also know that my disadvantage will be the high sodium...and sodium, well...bloat bloat bloat!

Im not saying anything wrong with eating out once a week or so sometimes a cpl or sometimes less. I do it my self often but when I logged the one day that I had the BK whopper it had alot of sodium in it and to tell you the truth I felt bad afterwards. Am I gonna cut it out completely no not at all but next time Ill make sure to do my usual chicken wrap or a chicken salad
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Emajination, you said you had your goal set to 2lb loss a week, correct? I would readjust that to 1lb a week. If you only have 30lbs to lose, your current set-up is too aggressive. The closer to goal weight one is, the less a week they typically lose.

Yes, its set to 2lbs a week... I didn't think it was agressive.. would it be better to set it to 1.5lb :).. 1lb just seems so low lol

Mine is set @ 2 lbs/week & have no problem dropping the weight. I have cheat meals/days once the weight is dropped. Then, it's back to the grind, usually of about 10 days at a time to drop. It just depends on how quickly you want to lose the weight. With your workouts, I think you've just been eating too much. I have my starting calories under 1200 to equal the 2 lb/week loss (found under goals). It is contrary to others, but it works for me. You have to find what works for you. To eat more, I work out more and eat very little of my workout calories back.
  • haymancm
    Options

5. Eat more food (I was not eating enough nor was I eating my exercise calories)

Thank you so much for helping me to see what I have been doing incorrectly... I'm going to remain focused and determined to get this weight off!!

Something else to add or adjust…Are you drinking half (if not more) than your body weight in oz for water? Definitely eat more potassium (mostly found in veggies) to offset the sodium intake. You will feel more full & will have less cravings for other stuff. Do you have a heart rate monitor? I know you are exercising, but it could be that you are burning less than you think you are actually burning. If you have a large enough deficit, you will lose weight, you don't have to eat back all your workout calories to lose weight. If you are only burning 400 calories, I'd personally only eat back maybe 100…this is just from experience. Play with the numbers & see what works for you. Weigh yourself often to make sure you are on track. If the scale goes up, get proactive with eating more veggies, less calories, and/or more sweat to eat more.

You can totally do this…it just takes some adjustment.

Add me if you'd like. :)

You don't need to drink that much. As long as you feel hydrated, you are good to go.
    She definitely needs to be drinking half her body weight in oz, if not more. Most don't drink enough water to begin with. Even though I've lost 70 lbs, I still am drinking the same amount as when I was 236 lbs. My body craves it. If I drink 1/2 my body weight for my current weight, I end up making up for it on other days.
  • haymancm
    Options
    Just a good read… It has helped me with my weight loss!

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • mo7882
    mo7882 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You need to set yourself up to win, I was getting sketchy results for a while while busting my *kitten* off exercising.

Take 60% of your focus out of your workouts and put it into eating and planning.

1. Meal prep is everything, I have all my meals 2-3 days prepared in advanced -
    if you need inspiration http://www.google.com/search?q=meal+prep&client=firefox-a&hs=t4O&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xNKfUv-eN4KjtAbtx4DoBw&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=944&bih=861

2. Get some scales and weigh all your meals and have them in containers.

3. Like me you may be insulin sensetive and your body can sustain its weight with that much carbs. This talk changed my entire approach to fat loss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSeSTq-N4U4
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Something else to add or adjust…Are you drinking half (if not more) than your body weight in oz for water? Definitely eat more potassium (mostly found in veggies) to offset the sodium intake. You will feel more full & will have less cravings for other stuff. Do you have a heart rate monitor? I know you are exercising, but it could be that you are burning less than you think you are actually burning. If you have a large enough deficit, you will lose weight, you don't have to eat back all your workout calories to lose weight. If you are only burning 400 calories, I'd personally only eat back maybe 100…this is just from experience. Play with the numbers & see what works for you. Weigh yourself often to make sure you are on track. If the scale goes up, get proactive with eating more veggies, less calories, and/or more sweat to eat more.

You can totally do this…it just takes some adjustment.

Add me if you'd like. :)

You don't need to drink that much. As long as you feel hydrated, you are good to go.
    She definitely needs to be drinking half her body weight in oz, if not more. Most don't drink enough water to begin with. Even though I've lost 70 lbs, I still am drinking the same amount as when I was 236 lbs. My body craves it. If I drink 1/2 my body weight for my current weight, I end up making up for it on other days.

Below is a good discussion about water intake. You have to consider the amount of hydration you receive from foods and others fluids besides water. If the OP eats fruits and veggies, she is getting hydrated. Now obviously, if she starts to feel dehydrated often, she needs to drink more. But there really is NO standard or set amount of ounces that is applicable for each person. For me, I feel hydrated with 60-90 oz of water and I am a 185lb man. But I know people my size who can drink 32oz. Keep in mind though, I am not advocating to not drink more water, but I am advocating the science doesn't require a specific amount.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821181-myths-and-facts-about-hydration-requirements
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Don't give in keep going