HI

Options
Just turned 30 in October, I have 2 children 6, and 9 months and I've just been packing on the pounds and rather quickly. I am on the shot, I smoke ( ewww, I know), I drink and I eat and I add salt to everything! I'm a heart attack waiting to happen. I have a Tread climber (and 2 fully functional legs) I used the tread climber for 3-4 months and my legs I use those to go from the fridge to the couch apparently but I did lose 20 pounds. I've been on mfp before but never really committed and here I am again, heavier. I weigh 277.4 I'm 5'9. Wanting to lose 100 pounds is a huge, HUGE goal, a little daunting. If you have any ideas of how I could chop this goal down to "bite size" portions, I'll accept any suggestions. I do know that I cannot continue this way, and I do not want to fail this time and come back in another year and be like..... here I am again almost 350 pounds! Oh no! No!no!no!

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Borrow a concept from AA & OA, "Just for today--" You fill in the blank, but I've given some ideas.

* Just for today I will measure my portions and try to meet the calorie goals MFP has set for me.
    * Just for today I will log every bite and swallow.
    * Just for today I will find a way to move more. (Walk more steps, ride a bike, dance, or go to a gym... Extra cool if you do something you like.)
    * Just for today I will forgive myself if I'm not perfect, and get back to working toward meeting my goals.

Good luck to you.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Borrow a concept from AA & OA, "Just for today--" You fill in the blank, but I've given some ideas.

* Just for today I will measure my portions and try to meet the calorie goals MFP has set for me.
    * Just for today I will find a way to move more. (Walk more steps, ride a bike, dance, or go to a gym... Extra cool if you do something you like.)
    * Just for today I will forgive myself if I'm not perfect, and get back to working toward meeting my goals.

Good luck to you.

One day at a time is right! We all have to start somewhere. Consistency is the key.
  • vegamina
    Options
    its my day 2 and i am hoping to lose 100 too.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd goal. I lost 30 lbs on the first one, lost 10 more lbs on the 2nd one and I'm on my 3rd goal now - lose 10 more lbs. It seemed "easier" in some odd way than losing 50 lbs. MFP works - TRUST THE PROCESS and be realistic with your goals. You will have more energy to play with those babies and thank yourself for it!! I can insert a buttload of cheesy motivational lines but truth is you have to make a mental decision to start!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • love_handles83
    love_handles83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will use that concept and ideas, I appreciate you all for taking time to share with me :)
    I do have to learn some patience and remember I can only do one day at a time and to make the best decisions that I can for that day and not beat myself up. Have long term goals but break them down into smaller short term goals and celebrate them!
    Yes, yes, yes a mental decision is made. Thanks!
  • GPeterson84
    Options
    PM me and I'll share some secrets with you...
  • dzuuzz
    dzuuzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.

^^ Love this! I've spent 13 yrs living in "Just for Today". great advice!