Foods on public diaries

Options
2»

Replies

• tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I don't have to explain myself to you, nor do I care if I eat enough fruits and/or vegetables as long as I hit my calorie/macro goals. And yes, my diary is public.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'd eat more if they weren't so expensive :( I miss living at home...all the fruit!

I'd eat more if they tasted better. Seriously I load my veggies (when I eat them) with hot sauce. And hey it helps me get my water in because my mouth is burning.

:laugh: I'm that way with fruit-have to add them to something else to eat them :tongue:
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    I don't log most fruit and veg because I don't want to count them to my daily cals. Carrots are high cal, but I don't count them.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    funny because someone on my friend's list asked something like this yesterday about if there are people who dont log all their non-starchy vegs.

anyway, my diary is public and i dont log all my the fresh vegetables i eat. i eat a lot of spinach (i easily go through 4 bags a week of spinach alone) and i probably only log a cup or 2.

i do count all fruit, but when it comes to raw kale, spinach, arugula mheh.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I don't log most fruit and veg because I don't want to count them to my daily cals. Carrots are high cal, but I don't count them.

Huh? I don't understand this statement. Carrots are not high cal at all. What is the point of logging if you don't log everything?

Personally I eat a lot of vegetables, my problem is getting in my protein. I don't like most fruits, but I do eat a apple everyday, and grapes some times.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I don't have to explain myself to you, nor do I care if I eat enough fruits and/or vegetables as long as I hit my calorie/macro goals. And yes, my diary is public.

This... I find minding my business helps me meet my macronutrient goals. :flowerforyou:
  • sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I grow a lot of the food I eat, so you'll see loads of veggies on my public food diary. Love fruits, and nuts, and just about anything that hasn't been processed too much ( I like doing that part)... Of course, being vegan isn't for everyone. I think people should eat what works best for them. We are all individuals and I think our diets need to reflect that> But I am a big advocate of plants :)>
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I always add the recipes that i plan to make for the week (and they always include a lot of veggies!). Then I just add "one serving" of whatever recipe to my diary. Because of that, it looks like I'm not eating as many veggies as I really am because the recipes aren't broken down into components in the diary. However, if i look at my recipes I can see all the veggies I have consumed.

I also think people tend to forget to log them. If you have a hummus sandwich with cucumber and tomato you may not take the time to log them.

And also, a lot of people on this site are really into microwave crap and processed food that gets them under their calorie goal, which is pretty lame.

Good for you for getting your veggies in!

Veggies are great, I eat plenty every day, but don't hate on people that eat microwaved or processed food. A lot of them consistently lose weight and may be in the transition to eating better. I still eat quite a bit of processed foods, but I am losing weight, gaining strength and feel great! Pop-Tart crew checking in :)

I guess I'm pretty lame.
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy meals AND a lot of junk. if I log a sandwich by parts I don't put the lettuce & tomato in as it would not make a diff. These are all estimates and an estimate cannot be more accurate than the least accurate part of the sum. If you have a medical issue and need to monitor some nutrient that is different (lettuce is not in that category) but that is a small percentage of people.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big veg/fruit eater, I just don't like many (if only you could do more with a lemon lol). I do have veg with each meal though (if the meal allows) and I log it.

I'm just not good at doing healthy meals, don't have the time, money, too lazy etc I need to be more healthy, we have fruit & veg stalls right outside our flat!
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It's actually the crappy foods that i don't bother to log in detail, I just shove quick calories in if it's 'empty calories' stuff like lager or cup cakes!

I do like vegetables, but I could probably eat more. I tend to allocate good percentage of my calories for unrefined carbs like wholewheat pasta, beans, potatoes and brown rice.
  • cymraesynyde
    cymraesynyde Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to criticise or cause offence when I started this thread. I actually find it quite reassuring that there are many others like me. Before I looked at other people's diaries, saw their 30+ pound weight loss, I expected to see loads of salads, veggies etc. and far less processed foods. So it was a bit of a relief to see the reality of what others are eating.
  • FFJR
    FFJR Posts: 19
    Options
    Way to go, you've got it! Eat for health, avoid all the processed crap. Nice work.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I just don't like veggies very much. I have salads sometimes and veggies on my Subway sandwiches, of course, but I'm not nibbling on carrots all day. *sigh* Should've had a V-8....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

:laugh: What? Maybe that's why your ticker shows 0 lbs lost?

Your body counts all the calories whether you write them down or not!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been covered before. I've been using this site on and off for around a year and have only just discovered the forum.

I've had a look at other users whose food diaries are public and it strikes me how little fresh foods some people eat.

I know I'm not getting enough fruit and veg in a day, but that's more to do with a hectic lifestyle and lack of preparation time to actually prepare a well balanced meal, than a dislike or disregard for "healthy" foods.

I take a vitamin and mineral supplement but I still feel guilty for not always eating my 5-a-day. I also forget to log some fruit and raw veg eaten as snacks, so my own diary probably looks worse than it is.

Does anyone else forget to log the bits of cucumber, raw carrot etc., that they've eaten during the day or are people really only eating foods which keep them within their calorie limit for the day with no regard for the nutritional value of their foods?

I really don't care too much about nutrition as long as it keeps me satisfied. I see this like the Priority Mail Box slogan "If it fits, it ships" only "If it fits, I eat it" I do try to eat some fruit and veggies but mostly only because they will keep me fuller longer on fewer calories and then I have room for my Taco Bell addiction!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    *shrug*

I log it all (except vacations and holidays - too much hassle). I eat a good amount of processed foods. Some of it even has *gasp* veggies in it. My cheese pizza yesterday had arugula on top, for example. Added some anchovies for flavor, salt & protein, too.

I'd eat more veggies if it weren't preparing another separate dish that usually takes at least twice as long as my main meal. And before anyone says 'just eat salad' ... I loathe salad. It's roasted veggies for me or nothing, for the most part.
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    i rarely eat fruit and veg ooooppps
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am good about logging mine, other times, not so much. If it is an actual serving of veggies or fruit, I add it. If it is veggies cut up into a salad, it's hit or miss for me. I eat a spinach salad almost everyday at some point. It doesn't have the same veggies everyday and sometimes I am lazy about adding them. I do the big parts of the salad though- spinach, chicken, cheese, salad dressing.