Workout Times?

Options
Hi everyone!

I was wondering, does it really matter if I workout at different times on a daily basis? Because I just do the 30DS workout whenever I have the time during the day. Is there a best time to do a workout? Like in the morning or before a meal? Should I try to keep the same time slot open during the day or should I just let it be?

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I work out fasted. For some that just doesn't work. It really doesn't make a difference. Obviously if you work out after a meal you may have more energy. This all really depends on your body.

Working out in the afternoons may be difficult because you naturally have less energy. Again, this isn't true for some people. The best advice I can give is to do what works for you.

Whatever fits into your schedule. In the end as long as you get it in you are good.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I just work out when I feel I have the most energy so I can really push myself. I used to train early in the morning (around 6-7am) but quickly found out my body doesn't like it. For me, after work or around 6pm is usually my best time during the week anyways. I also tried to do some fasted cardio and felt sick/nauseaous so I'm not doing it anymore.

Just do it when it's more convenient for you.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    There is no perfect time for a workout. Do it when it is convenient for you. The only workout that works is the one you actually do!
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There is no perfect time for a workout. Do it when it is convenient for you. The only workout that works is the one you actually do!

This.
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    Alright thanks everyone!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'll add to the above is to make sure you have enough time to recover in between workouts. Meaning, you probably won't be able to do as well early in the morning if you worked out late the night before. Maybe you will - but if it's the same type of workout? Probably not.
  • NightKeepr
    Options
    My workout times are usually directly after dinner. I usually start at about 8pm my time and go for an hour and twenty minutes. At first it sucked, but now, it makes me sufficiently tired for bed and I tend to enjoy it more.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I work out first thing in the morning, it starts my day off in a healthy manner and gives me energy for the day. I do not eat anything before I start my workout.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Weekdays - Head to gym after work and have my dinner at around 9:30 - 10pm. With rice,:tongue:
    Weedends - Early morning fasted workouts until 11am. Lunch will be my first meal for the day.
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I work out fasted. For some that just doesn't work. It really doesn't make a difference. Obviously if you work out after a meal you may have more energy. This all really depends on your body.

Working out in the afternoons may be difficult because you naturally have less energy. Again, this isn't true for some people. The best advice I can give is to do what works for you.

Whatever fits into your schedule. In the end as long as you get it in you are good.

I completely agree!................ I prefer to workout in the morning and go on with my day. Sometimes depending on my schedule I'll have to get it done in the afternoon. The main thing is that you're getting the workout in. :)