Aahhhhh first post, need friends and advice!

Options
Hi!! My name is Erin, I'm 18 years old and I just started using this app again. Over the past year I have gained about 10 pounds and am now about 140 lb, at 5'5". I really don't like the way I look right now, so I've been trying very very hard to work it off. Over the past 3 weeks I've been exercising almost everyday, hard. We're talking like an hour long class of cycling, pilaties, kickboxing or something, and then another 30 min of cardio AND a healthy diet, and I've seen no results on the scale! Am I doing something wrong? I really really want this and I'm doing my best but I just don't know what is needed to see results! Please help!! My goal weight is IDEALLY 120lb by June, is this do-able? I'd be comfortable with 130 even, but my current weight makes me feel like crap, please help me achieve this!

Replies

• ninajenay
    ninajenay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your goal sounds very achievable. It sounds like you also have a good exercise routine too. I think the biggest reason you wouldn't see results is because you're probably gaining new muscle, which is more dense than fat. Try taking body measurements too, that's a really good way to see results. Also, keep in mind that 140 is still a healthy weight for your height, and that if you're gaining a lot of muscle that you didn't have before, your weight might stay around there but you might feel better and have more observable results. I'm 5'6 and at my peak fitness, I was my best at about 140 or so.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience when going to the gym 4 days a week. The scale wasn't moving but I did see that I was re-shaping. About the 6th week the scale did move and I lost close to 10 lbs over the next month. Hang in there. Sounds like you are doing the right things.
  • a_lynn_white
    a_lynn_white Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure you are eating enough calories. If you don't eat enough, it will all work against you. Good luck! You can do it!