Best Part About Losing Weight

Options
hedean
hedean Posts: 40 Member
To those of you awesome people who have reached your goal, or are close to it, what have you found to be the best part about being your ideal size? I love to fantasize about how great it will be to run without so much extra weight, or wear anything in my closet, or just having people notice the change.

Please share with us, so those of us who need motivation can look forward to all the great benefits!

Replies

• Tinatot125
    Tinatot125 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I still have another 6 pounds to go but I have already had so many positive changes happen from losing weight. For the 1st time in my life, I feel in control of my body. I know how to get it to do exactly what I want and food does not rule my life any more which is hard to belive because I am a total foodie.

I love seeing myself get fitter and fitter. I used to always say 'I am not a runner' but I am running my 1st 10km race next week and I am still in shock at what my body is now capable of. I love pushing myself and having so much more energy, I feel like I can do anything.

I also feel good about me. I have so much more confidence and I actually like the way my body looks, even though it is not perfect, I don't care because I can see how much it has changed over the last year and it makes me really proud of myself.

I could go on and on, there are no negatives, so keep at it and you will be enjoying the benefits very soon, including clothes shopping which is awesome now.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    In my case I have always been a fairly consistent size, and then two years ago I started gaining after taking anti-anxiety medications, changing jobs and then going travelling. I then spent a year living in a fat body that didn't feel like mine before I decided to do something about it. Now I'm back to my normal size, but with a much better understanding of how to balance food and exercise. The best thing for me was getting back to 'normal', where I can wear the clothes I want, exercise without being worried I'm going to destroy my knees, and not feel awkward when someone takes a photo of me.

The other benefit is that through MFP I have become much more motivated to exercise, and now my goals are to develop a strong body - something that I'd never aspired to, I just wanted to be thin. I'm excited to see what I can achieve with another 9 months of hard work!
  • Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Best part about reaching my goal has been the feeling of accomplishment, feeling that I achieved something I never thought possible, and also the wonder at how much better and fitter I can become in the future continuing down this road :smile:
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm 1.4kg (3lbs) from my goal, and might be able to reach it by New Year's! There are so many 'best parts' -- my legs look fantastic, clothes are fun again, I have heaps of energy, but the best part of all…

…is that I'm not finished.

:noway: Wait, what???

Yep. I'm enjoying the fitness aspect of this so much that I asked Santa for a set of weights this year. Because I enjoy using them, not just because I should. Granted, my muscles are still very very small. It'll take a long time. :bigsmile: Fine by me.

Congratulations to everyone who's starting up, still going, or has achieved everything they wanted to!

Edit: spelling error. Grrrr.
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    The best part is no realising you`ve changed only for somebody else to tell you :)

the other best part is not snoring, being able to curl your abs in the morning to sit up, jump out of bed and smash another day out!
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    There are so many good things happening.
    I play tennis and i swear there are balls i reach at the net that i would not have 30 lbs before. That is so cool!
    I can shop and not just look for black clothes, although its such a habit that i still navigate there.
    I am looking at size 6 and smalls - not 12-14 and large. I haven't gotten my head around that yet!
    I go by a mirror and look and can't believe - this is me!
    I have so so much more energy. I do one sport, come home, eat and am ready to do the next.
    People are amazed when they see me and can't believe its me.............
    I feel really good about this.
    You can do it - the rewards are awesome!
  • Kegsey55
    Kegsey55 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better than I did. I can do much more (walking/running/housework/chores/gardening) without being tired. Even just sat down I feel healthy and happy.
    I look so much better. I thought people I saw daily would be getting used to it but I still get comments about how good I look. And, for once, I feel that I do. I still have a way to go - I have a belly and bingo wings I know they will go in time. Its makes clothes shopping so much easier! I'm wearing more fitter clothes than I used to because I have more confidence so I don't feel I need to wear big and baggy clothes.
    I still can't quite believe I've done/doing this.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Not realizing til someone tells you, feeling good, and more energetic.
  • StuKP
    StuKP Posts: 14
    Options
    Personally, it's being able to buy clothes in fashion shops and not have to wear something baggy or XXL size. I've lost 8 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my neck. I can wear stuff that makes me look good.

People who I work with have noticed my weight loss (it took 8 months btw) and will stop me and tell me how good I look.

I can run now. I've trained to 10K level and am now training for a half-marathon.

I actually enjoy exercise and am fast becoming an endorphin junkie.

You realise that you CAN actually lose weight and you CAN be strict with yourself.
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Satiable - clothes are fun again. Mind you, I don't think they've EVER been fun until now, and I want to lose another 10-20lbs!

I'll do it, too - and that's another fun thing... actually KNOWING and BELIEVING that I can and will achieve it!
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    +1
    Best part about reaching my goal has been the feeling of accomplishment, feeling that I achieved something I never thought possible, and also the wonder at how much better and fitter I can become in the future continuing down this road :smile:
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I look forward to a day where I can shop at any store--including trendy stores, because I won't have to worry if they have a Plus Size section. I'm getting there. Size 16 now!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love that my body is an achievement now, when before it was a disappointment. I could see the weight gain and felt powerless to stop it because I can't stick to a diet.

Now as I've lost weight I feel comfortable in my skin. Clothes fit well and I walk a little taller be a use I'm proud of my achievements. Those 16lbs were difficult to shift!
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love jogging and noticing that my butt doesn't jiggle as much, lol. I take alot of classes that involve jogging so it was nice not to feel the extra movement.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! Very inspiring!!
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    1.) Wearing clothes I paid for long ago, but had to file away when they no longer fit.
    2.) Physically active again (diving without issue). 30 year olds have trouble keeping up with me (61 yo here)
    3.) Not taking expensive medications (i.e. saving money)
    4.) Eating tastier foods, not just foods that "jolt" the system like a sugar rush.
    5.) Saving money on my food bill.

#5 is not actually a result of loosing weight. It is a result of me taking personal responsibility for the quality of food I eat. To get some of that quality, I had to go to making many of my foods from scratch, which is where the money savings come from.

6.) Future: expect to not spend my entire retirement savings on medical bills.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near "goal" but I have lost about 98 lb over the past 5 years and my favorite thing is being able to fit into the world better. I no longer feel wedged into places, like diner booths, theater seats, or small chairs with arms. I am still a large person and still have a long way to go toward 'normal' weight (208 right now) but it's just so nice to feel comfortable everywhere.

I'm always having small NSVs about this, like sitting on a loveseat in my favorite coffee shop with my best friend and actually just taking up part of one cushion...in the past I would have felt like I had to crush myself against one side to avoid my thighs touching my friend and overflowing my half of the loveseat.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,659 Member
    Options
    I was instructed to stop taking my diabetes meds. Hooray. I am an ex diabetic.
  • MeMeSandi
    MeMeSandi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can so relate to your story. I have finally begun my journey. I am about the same weight you are now, I have just lost 22 pounds. I always felt the same way you did about fitting in chairs. My hips were so huge. Thanks for sharing you inspire me to keep going.:blushing:
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My wife used to be a runner and begged me to join her. I hated running and never saw myself doing it. Well, we joined a gym almost 2 years ago and I liked it, first gym I have ever remained a member of for this long. Anyway, I was doing ok, getting into decent shape. A few months ago I started running and using this app, low and behold I started melting pounds away. For the first time in my adult life I am in shape and not overweight, previously obese by CDC standards. At 41, weighing in at 174 pounds I feel great. My wife has been out of country for the last 6 weeks, so she has not seen the latest changes I have made so I cant wait for her to get home.
    My female coworkes have made comments about how good I look and we have committed as a work team to run a 5k next year.
    The best part about losing weight is:
    1) Wearing smaller jeans
    2) Fitted shirts look great without love handles
    3) Defined abs
    4) Awesome V shaped torso
    5) Increased confidence
    6) Better Sleep
    7) Increased libido and energy
    8) Driving my wife crazy

I lost over 20 pounds and 8% body fat. Just need to lose another 4% to show off the six pack.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!