Calling all female SL 5x5'ers

Options
Hi everyone, i'm looking for some more female friends following the SL program for a bit of support and motivation. I started in August and am seeing some good results but it's so hard! Be nice to see how other women are tackling it and getting by when progress starts to slow and to stay motivated to keep pushing even when upping the weights is getting scary :)

I'm in the UK and so far i'm up to 65kg with the squats, 27.5kg OHP, 32.5kg bench, 37.5kg row and 65kg deadlift. I also run at least 3 x p/w and go to the odd yoga class which I'm finding quite helpful.

PS. I know I said I'm looking for females following the programme but I don't mind new male or female friends who are doing stronglifts. So add me please :-)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm not following any program- but I do lift a lot :D
  • junlex123
    junlex123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks, FR sent :)

i'm just checking that group/forum out now as well actually. So many interesting threads to read.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new at lifting, started the end of October, but I'll send you a FR. I'm also a member of the SL group. There's some friendly and helpful ladies over there.
  • navy_taxi
    Options

I'm in the UK and so far i'm up to 65kg with the squats, 27.5kg OHP, 32.5kg bench, 37.5kg row and 65kg deadlift. I also run at least 3 x p/w and go to the odd yoga class which I'm finding quite helpful.

You sound exactly like me about six months ago! I haven't lifted since the summer but when I stopped those were pretty much the exact weights that I had gotten to (and I'm also in the UK).

I'm currently finishing up Turbo Fire and then plan to get back into lifting and running over Christmas/New Year. Currently figuring out the best way to train for a 10k in March whilst doing a regular strength programme. Unlikely to be SL as I don't want to sacrifice running for regular strength gains but would love to meet other ladies who lift!
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    FR sent x