Insanity New Year Challenge

Options
Morning everyone, I am doing Insanity starting January 1st for 60 days, looking for people to commit with me, anyone doing UK V USA challenge, it will be great to burn those cals as you should burn easily over 1000 cals in one 45 min session. I will post a group nearer the time but any volunteers???

Feel free to friend request me or leave message on here (If friend request please say you got this message and that's why friend request)....

Hope to hear from lots of people......

Lets start the new year with a bang...

Replies

• d3ck5
    d3ck5 Posts: 47
    Options
    i would JUST be finishing my first complete round and may restart on Jan 1.

so i might join. :)

on a sidenote, burning 1k in cals in 45mins is a little optimistic.

best ive done is 1k in just on an hour and i thought i was gonna die! ive burnt 1k a number of times since, but theyve always been in over an hour. in 45 mins? thats crazy talk!

:)
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What exactly does Insanity involve- might be a bit too intense for me but I cold modify
  • harrietigglesden
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm always up for a challenge but what is 'insanity'?
  • stellad1984
    Options
    i will join in this :) iv completed it twice and the new year sounds like a good time to start it again! :)
  • lbryant79
    Options
    i would JUST be finishing my first complete round and may restart on Jan 1.

so i might join. :)

on a sidenote, burning 1k in cals in 45mins is a little optimistic.

best ive done is 1k in just on an hour and i thought i was gonna die! ive burnt 1k a number of times since, but theyve always been in over an hour. in 45 mins? thats crazy talk!

:)

well i like being positive but never met anyone who's done it, million dollar question ---does it work?
  • lbryant79
    Options
    Anyone who has done it please feel free to offer your experience on here i would love to hear feed back about it, it has been describe as insane, the best work out ever but the hardest 45 mins a day you will ever try, its a series of dvds you do at home, each day different, only for the most committed people
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you should burn easily over 1000 cals in one 45 min session.

I am 5ft5 and 134lbs... I would love to burn 1000 cals in 45 mins, but sadly I only burn about 350 cals per insanity workout!
  • lbryant79
    Options
    Starting to think i may have slight exaggerated lol, learn from experience, still suppose to be one hell of a work out
  • latewinter
    Options
    ive herd a lot of talk about insanity but i still have absoloutly no idea what it is
  • latewinter
    Options
    well if it involves buying dvds im out.
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm most certainly in!

Did 6 weeks of it last year, it's hard... but it works!

I, however... am more likely to be start on the 6th Jan - I'll be doing it before work but will do the full 2 months!
  • KitaT92
    KitaT92 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am looking forward to the challenge.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    you know I'll join you! I've already completed the cycle but I'm fitter so should be able to do it quicker this time and it will be an extra workout for me with the UK v USA challenge.

prepare to have your *kitten* kicked Lee lol :flowerforyou:
  • lbryant79
    Options
    Charlene, honey, be serious, your fit, you got stamina, this i know, but when you face me you'll need so much more lol, ????
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The most I've burnt on Insanity is prob a little over 500 cals ... burning over 1000 cals is dependent on so many factors. I'm 32 yo, 5'4" and 117lbs just to give you an idea on my stats.

That said, it's a great program. I currently on the tail end of it (month 2). I plan to do a hybrid next.

Good luck guys.
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I may also be on round 2 then! I'm half way through my first month and I LOVE it! I have to modify it a little due to joint problems but its such a great workout and I feel amazing afterwards! Yes its very hard but you can go at your own pace and build up...I haven't seen any results yet but I its still early days and my diet hasn't been the best so that's not Insanity's fault!! I only burn about 240 calories in a 45 minute session though..I think it must be because I'm reasonably fit and weight 126lbs, I do still think this is on the low side though, I reckon I must have a faulty Heart Rate Monitor! ;-)
    Anyway, you wont regret starting it I'm sure and I may join this for my second round in January!
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    hi ill be starting my second month in january.. thats if im still alive after this first week ha :P im dying after the warm up lol
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've done it I lost a stone and a half in the 9 weeks, loved it but unfortunately I no longer have the 45-60mins required, so I'm doing Focus T25 at the moment.

I would definitely do Insanity again when time allows though - go for it and good luck!

Oh btw I burn loads of cals as I run hot but never hit 1k - 860+ is doable in the second month though! :)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    For me, Insanity improved my fitness a ton and toned up my body. I didn't lose a ton of weight but that's because I like to eat and I think their eating plan is insane. I'm clearly in better shape though and have considered doing another round next year.

Bottom line - it's probably not going to burn 1000 calories unless you are really big, but it will smack your butt into shape (literally).
  • lbryant79
    Options
    Thank you for sharing everyone, yes very optimistic with the 1000 cals remake, but hey, I'm a beginning at this insanity exercise.

I am however really looking forward to it as it seems positive feedback from every where I turn, apart from how hard it is, well that's the point isn't it, to really get yourself working hard to be a better version of yourself.