Small private group for people weighing 200+ pounds

Options
I am one of the moderators of a long running, small, private support group for people that weigh or have weighed over 200 pounds. The group has been operating on MFP for over 4 years. We are looking for a few, new members that want support from others that can understand the challenges of losing weight when obese. Our expectation is that you would contribute to the group at least 3 times a week by asking questions, giving others support and/or telling what your doing. We occasionally have group challenges and are planning to have one in the month of Jan.

Please respond to this post or in a private message about why you want/need to join our group.

Victoria

Replies

• lmc8009
    lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
    Options
    *bump
  • SarahMarie78
    SarahMarie78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would be interested. I was about 260 at my highest and have lost 19 lbs.
  • Chanelcatsreading
    Chanelcatsreading Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is my third and final time losing from 260 and up. Started at 296 a just hit 216! I am on every day and log everything,
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am interested. I currently weigh 229, down from 264. I could definitely use extra support from those that can relate. I am on every day and log daily. struggling a bit right now, holidays are SO tough!
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! I'm 4'11

SW :246
    CW: 229
    GW: 120
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I have sent invites to the 6 responses so far. We are planning to allow up to more people to join. Let me know if you are interested. We only want positively supporting people.

PS = thanks for the bump Lisa!!!
  • lkniebuehler
    Options
    I would be interested. I think we can all use some positive encouragement in general but especially around the holidays. Plus I just think this is fun and I've met some pretty cool people and up for meeting more!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I started my current journey with MFP on 6/14/13 at my highest ever weight of 295. I had one of those AHA moments when I realized that while I was quickly approaching a time where time and money to travel were becoming available, my inability to even walk across a parking lot without getting winded was going to make enjoying that travel impossible. I have logged every day of the 175 days since then and have lost 69 lbs so far and currently weigh 226.

As I approach the halfway point, I recognize that the second 75 lbs are likely going to present challenges that I have not experienced with the first 75. I'd like to join this group to keep focused on why I began this journey and to encourage others on theirs.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I would like to be considered for acceptance into the group as well. I started out at 303 lbs, lost 80-90 lbs in 2012 and have been struggling this entire year to lose even one single pound as I'm constantly up and down. I need the motivation to get back into the entire game of tracking what I eat (I've gotten so bad at logging it), exercising and just being inspired. To put it simply, I need help.
  • cybertazet
    Options
    I would like to join because I know the challenges of the "obese" I hate that word. I have lost 100 lbs and I am still 200 but I have plateaued. I know how cruel some of the people are on this site because they dont understand what we have gone through and still going through. I usually dont post because of the back-lash from those people that think we are just fat and lazy. I saw this and thought it would be a good group to get into.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    I'm interested. I was 250, made it down to 190 but gained back 20 after a death in the family. Now I'm stuck. I know I need more exercise. Would definitely want to be in a group that was active.

Thanks,

Eric
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would like to be invited. I started my journey in when I hit 40, smoked 40 cigarettes a day and weighed 320lb in 2010. I reached my goal weight of 180lb last year but I had made a lot of mistakes and I've spent the past 18 months fixing the damage.
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am from New Zealand and weight 109kg and am 60 years old, female. I have lost 17kg and my goal is to live a healthier life with lots of regular exercise and a reasonably clean diet.

My emphasis is not on the weightloss but being a healthier me as I get older rather than less healthy. I have just had the result of blood work and I have achieved excellent results across the board apart from having to reduce cholesterol by 1 point and my blood pressure is still a little high!

Currently I am teaching myself how to run and learn to ride a pushbike (I did not do this as a chld)

Being part of your group and supporting others would mean a lot as I feel the world defines obese people via their weight rather than their personality and what they can do.

Cheers

Elaine
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Why not! Start weight 231lb
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would like to be included! :) I'm 32, 5'3" and 240.0 at last weigh in! At one point about 4 years ago I was down to 198 and would like to be there again. My goals are to be able to actually run an entire 5K by March and to be down to 199 by May!

I am also a nursing student and work full time. I am just out of a long term relationship (as of earlier this week) and I tend to be a bored and emotional eater. Hopefully I can exchange eating with exercise! :)
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I think we now have more than enough candidates for the group. I thank everyone for showing interest. We are trying to keep the group small and personal. Good luck to everyone in your journey.
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Working towards 200lbs as my goal weight.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I hope you still have room. I have gained weight because of med changes and depression which has put me over the 200lbs. again. If not, I wish all of you a successful and supportive journey.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I started at 240ish and now I've been hovering from 205-220 for the past like 6 months. One day in May or June I saw the scale hit 199.8 and it was fantastic... but short lived. All of the weddings this summer meant all of the travel, so I lost my roll and stayed over 200 for my own wedding in October. It has been so frustrating never truly getting under 200 and I would love some support.
  • DJA6071
    Options
    I am new to this site and just starting on my weight loss journey. I would very much like to join a support group. I am interested in sharing stories of success and how you acheieved it. Sharing recipes and menus would be great too.
    Thanks so much!