Do you keep a training log/journal?

Options
If you do, what do you write in yours? Is it a structured format or is it in narrative form like a diary? And how long have you been using this log/journal?

Replies

• robbrown3
    robbrown3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping mine for about a year now.

It depends on my workout routine as I go through periods where I'm doing only lifting or at-home DVDs like T25 or Les Mills Pump. For the most part it's all the same, a narrative diary with a quick list of what I did.

This morning's entry looked something like this;
    Workout: T25 Cardio and weights.
    Bicep curls: 25lbs x 10, 30lbs x 10, 30lbs x 9
    Shoulder press; 35lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10, 40lbs x 8
    Tricep push-down:
    Cardio went well, only modified pivoting lunges and took one break during hopping squats. Next week start with 40lbs on Shoulder press, 35lbs is too light.

Hope that helps
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I used to have one, now I just make a spreadsheet for 12 weeks, print it out and check off the sets/workouts/weeks as they go.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I just write the date, the activity and the calories burned. I then include my stats once per week.
  • HollyBBC
    Options
    I joined BeachBody and started doing Insanity 5 weeks ago. The program came with a calendar and website that tracks when I work out. I make sure to calculate my workouts every time I do Insanity. The only thing I wasn't keeping track of was my Kenpo class and my weight training. With this site I am going to write down all that I eat, along with my workouts, no matter what they are, and see if I am staying within the guidelines.

Today's workout was just Insanity: Cardio and Balance. But tomorrow will include weights.
  • Bound4Kona
    Bound4Kona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping mine for about a year now.

It depends on my workout routine as I go through periods where I'm doing only lifting or at-home DVDs like T25 or Les Mills Pump. For the most part it's all the same, a narrative diary with a quick list of what I did.

This morning's entry looked something like this;
    Workout: T25 Cardio and weights.
    Bicep curls: 25lbs x 10, 30lbs x 10, 30lbs x 9
    Shoulder press; 35lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10, 40lbs x 8
    Tricep push-down:
    Cardio went well, only modified pivoting lunges and took one break during hopping squats. Next week start with 40lbs on Shoulder press, 35lbs is too light.

Hope that helps

This is a great format. Organized and concise. Thanks
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Yes and I have been doing so for about 3 years. I track all my lifts in Excel. Don't see a need to track cardio or any other activity.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I log everything on http://connect.garmin.com/ it logs and lets you view stats etc you have to register but not necessarily use a Garmin product. The site provides everything I need and is simple to use!