If you see this help. Idk what to do

I'm 194 pounds 5'7 and. 18 I'm trying to be about 130 pounds. I have net ate since yesterday at lunch like I snacked on some rice at home but that was four o clock yesterday. So about 24-30 hours ago. I just want to lose weight what should I do?????

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Eat food.. losing weight isn't about starving.. read some posts on here, do some searches..
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Yeah, you'll gain weight that way since you are essentially starving yourself.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Eat!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Eat.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Yeah, you'll gain weight that way since you are essentially starving yourself.

NO. You don't gain weight by not eating. :laugh:

Bur she does need to eat a lot more. Like some fruit and veggies and dairy and grains and meat. About 1800 calories worth.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    What's going through your mind right now? Why do you think that eating nothing will help? Why did you join mfp?
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Find out your maintenance and eat under that number. FYI the number MFP gives you is not your maintenance, it is a number with a built in deficit already so it is already below your maintenance.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Eat.

Not too much.

Mostly vegetables.

Move more?
  • Well the reason why I joined was bc at first I wanted to do it healthy...but then I thought what would happen if I just didn't eat at al..
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Well the reason why I joined was bc at first I wanted to do it healthy...but then I thought what would happen if I just didn't eat at al..

You get hungry, and then you stop being hungry (briefly) and then you get hungry again. You may get a headache. You may get dizzy. You will feel tired. Then, you can't take it anymore, and you eat, but you eat more than you would have if you had been allowing yourself to eat normally but at a moderate deficit. You may wind up at a higher weight than you were before. The shame spiral will continue.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Well the reason why I joined was bc at first I wanted to do it healthy...but then I thought what would happen if I just didn't eat at al..

uh. You would die.

Maybe not soon.

Your mind will start to play tricks on you - "eat nothing, you'll be skinny.," then your hair and nails and skin will suffer. First your hair will start falling out...then your skin will crack on your fingertips. Then your nails will start to flake and break.

All this time, your muscles will be being broken down for fuel to keep you alive. You know what is made of muscle? Your heart.

Please just eat.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230

If you don't eat at all, you will put your body into starvation mode and it will in turn burn your muscle for energy once it's through any body fat. Don't be ignorant. Starving yourself is the worst possible thing you can do for yourself no matter how quick and easy you think it is. It may make you lose a couple pounds, but it will also create a future of turmoil on your mindset with food.

Eat small meals throughout the day and get off your butt and do something active whether it's taking a walk around the block or going to the gym and doing some strength training.

Do not let yourself get sucked into a horrible state of mind.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    Okay, now have a small meal (400-500cals) and log it! Plan for your meals tomorrow...maybe about 1800cals? Get some exercise, too.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Please speak with a professional. The road to eating disorders is paved with fear of eating.
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Well if you don't eat at all we all know what happens. You start feeling really lousy and if you keep at it eventually you'd die. But That's an extreme. Sounds to me like you're in a not so good place. Just take it easy for starters. You didn't gain all this weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight.

The "change everything at once " approach doesn't work for everyone, and it can be pretty overwhelming. Why don't you Google tdee calculator, I use the scooby one. Enter your stats and how much you plan to exercise. It will give you a number of calories to eat per day, maybe base it on tdee minus 15% in the beginning. Tdee is a number that indicates how much energy your body expends in a day including your exercise, so the calculator will lower that for you by 15% to create the deficit you need to lose weight. I strongly recommend you do exercise, mainly strength training. With pure diet you can achieve fat loss, But you'd be losing muscle as Well and when you are at your target weight, your body would be still flabby. With strength training you're helping preserve muscle and will achieve a leaner look.

, take measurements and keep a photo diary, even if private. Scales lie But inches and visuals don't. Don't expect everything to change immediately. Always give new calorie goal or new exercise regime at least 4 weeks before evaluating how it works for you.

Log all the food you eat and fluids you take in. Use a digital scale, they are cheap and so worth the money. In the first weeks of new regime you may see a small weight gain, which would be from water retention caused by regime change. Don't be put off, it will go away.

Most importantly, see this as a lifestyle change and not a temporary "diet". The changes that you make must be sustainable for you long term, so that you don't gain your weight back. So don't go to extremes. Stick to your calories, try to eat a lot of protein (for muscle preservation) and don't overthink it. This is a positive change you're making so get excited and don't stress. we're here to help.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    eat. and then eat some more. then go for a walk.