RIP Nelson Mandela

Options

Replies

• ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    95 years and he did more to change the world than most people ever will.

Absolutely. Agreed.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard about this yet. RIP Madiba, you will be missed. Nkosi sikelel iafrika.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    He and his ilk have left a great tragedy, oops I mean a great legacy, the ANC, the wonderful third world country of SA, you know the one, the one that was the gem of Africa and of course, the way I want to go out necklacing.

There have been more whites and blacks killed since the ANC has taken over in 90s (over 20000) verses when aparteid was present from 1948-1994(less than 6000).

Oh dont forget the bombing he planned to kill children that got him thrown in prison in the first place.

Yeah, a great man. hmmmm

Tacky dude. Just tacky.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    RIP to a great human and leader. This is sad.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just posting to encourage other posters not to repost inflammatory posts on what ideally should be a respectful obituary thread.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Just posting to encourage other posters not to repost inflammatory posts on what ideally should be a respectful obituary thread.

Fair enough; I submit my apologies for giving in to the bait
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Rest well, sir.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    He and his ilk have left a great tragedy, oops I mean a great legacy, the ANC, the wonderful third world country of SA, you know the one, the one that was the gem of Africa and of course, the way I want to go out necklacing.

There have been more whites and blacks killed since the ANC has taken over in 90s (over 20000) verses when aparteid was present from 1948-1994(less than 6000).

Oh dont forget the bombing he planned to kill children that got him thrown in prison in the first place.

Yeah, a great man. hmmmm

you are a pathetic human being. and im sure you are too much of a coward to say this to anyone's face who disagrees with you.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    there are very few people who have meant more to this world and humanity and who have inspired so many. this was the passing of a truly great man.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It was an expected event but it is a sad one, and Nelson Mandela will forever be one of history's Great Persons, and we will never forget him. We have lost a great man today, but we must be thankful that we had him here in this mortal coil for 95 years.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    RIP Nelson Mandela, news I guess we've all expected this year but nonetheless deeply saddening.
    A very special man.

yes, a remarkable man and he will be missed for everything he did to change a country and the world as a whole. RIP sir you will be missed and cherished for a very long time
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    "He no longer belongs to us. He belongs to the ages".

Madiba Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika
  • RosaliaBee
    Options
    I need to post this as it's such a core tune, I wish MFP enables YouTubes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7p-RLFg2I

That's exactly what was going through my head. :frown:

Amen!
  • RosaliaBee
    Options
    So much love for my black sisters and brothers tonight. I'm in tears. What an amazing man!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    He will never be forgotten, and left quite the legacy!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    He is one of my heroes :heart:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Such a huge huge figure from my youth...have a safe trip home, Mr. Mandela, you've certainly earned it!
  • WhootieCutie
    WhootieCutie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nelson Mandela was a great man. The world lost a treasure today.

I lost a birthday twin today. Now it's just me and Vin Diesel.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Even though I never met him Nelson Mandela taught me so much about bravery, dignity and love!!!
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Yeah, a great man. hmmmm

you are a pathetic human being. and im sure you are too much of a coward to say this to anyone's face who disagrees with you.

You have your opinion, I have mine.