large breasted girls - sports bra recommendations?

Options
Hello. I'm in need of some sports bra recommendations. I'm currently 38DD and find it hard to jog or run because my sports bras aren't supportive enough. What brands do you guys recommend?

Replies

• tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort is the only brand I've found that I really love--they really cinch you in. I especially like their Fiona and Rebound Racerback models. Juno is another good style they offer that I think provides even more support, I believe. You can usually find their bras on sale for under $40 if you scour the internet. :)

I've tried more expensive brands like Lululemon, but I hate their built in cup things--not necessary if you already have a large chest!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Enell
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions and trolling.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort are good. I'm a 40DDD right now and it fits me snug.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber is great, I wear a 38 F, great support!
  • z0mbi3lady
    z0mbi3lady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort, for sure. They're a little pricey but well worth the money.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I'll definitely check these out! Thank you guys!
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    Oh, and thank you for this! I don't use the forums much anymore because it's too much of this.

If only this had been asked 100s of times previously. And if only there was a search function on this site.

Stupid MFP.

I see you have been around awhile. No need to be sarcastic and nasty. Yes there is a search function. There is a nicer way to go about telling someone that.

Moving Comfort are good. I'm a 40DDD right now and it fits me snug.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Check out RoadRunnerSports.com...they have several brands. I wear their tank bra and it's fab! NO BOUNCE!!! (AND an extra layer in this cold!)
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I was jogging on the treadmill at the gym and literally had to hold them because they were bouncing so hard. Ouch! Can't wait to try these out
  • katie101686
    Options
    I bought this one recently: http://m.kohls.com/kohlsopenapi/productmobile.html?productID=147215 Doesn't look like much but it's great and has lots of good reviews so I'm not the only one! :)

great for every day, including at work. I also have a nice Nike one for running/jogging. I used to double-bra before because I had the same problem. Good luck!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    If only this had been asked 100s of times previously. And if only there was a search function on this site.

Stupid MFP.
    There's also the option to ignore a thread :flowerforyou:

Lane Bryant. Mine are larger than yours, OP. I box, run, and do yoga and never once had an issue.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm currently wearing a Lunaire, it has an underwire and adjustable straps like a regular bra, but sturdier cups. There is some bounce on high impact activities, but it's not out of control. It's fairly ugly as well, but the cups have great coverage and I've never worried about flashing anyone. I'm a 34GG cup at the moment and am convinced the bra is made of magic.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I'm currently wearing a Lunaire, it has an underwire and adjustable straps like a regular bra, but sturdier cups. There is some bounce on high impact activities, but it's not out of control. It's fairly ugly as well, but the cups have great coverage and I've never worried about flashing anyone. I'm a 34GG cup at the moment and am convinced the bra is made of magic.

awesome!
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly the Old Navy sports bras hold me in pretty well and I'm a 34F, so I can definitely recommend that and they will probably start being on sale again with people making new year resolutions.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly the Old Navy sports bras hold me in pretty well and I'm a 34F, so I can definitely recommend that and they will probably start being on sale again with people making new year resolutions.
    really? i'm intrigued. what type of workouts do you normally do? i'm wondering if these would be good for high impact. i'm always on the look out for more cheaper sports bras since that means i have more choice and dont have to to laundry as often :laugh:

OP I'm 36hh and shockabsorber and panache are pretty good for me. im doing more running and sprinting and those are the best i've found for holding down majorityof the bounce. enell is also good but no longer feasible at my size for high impact.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I wonder if the Victoria's Secret bras are nice... I swear by their yoga leggings.
  • gallowglasslass
    gallowglasslass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OP I'm 36hh and shockabsorber and panache are pretty good for me. im doing more running and sprinting and those are the best i've found for holding down majorityof the bounce. enell is also good but no longer feasible at my size for high impact.

I'm going to second the vote for Panache. I wear a 32FF in their bra (US size 32H), and it is the only one I have tried that both holds everything in place and is actually comfortable. The design is based on "encapsulating" each breast, rather than compressing everything against the ribcage. No monoboob, you can even wear it as a regular bra under most clothing and no one will notice. It has a hook on the back to turn it from a regular bra-style (with adjustable straps) into a racerback.

The only downside is it is not machine washable/dryable, but it does air-dry quite quickly. Oh, and the hook for the racerback sometimes catches in my braid and yanks my hair.

If you live near a Nordstrom's you can try it on there... then order it much cheaper on eBay.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Just wear two
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    I like Old Navy's plus size sports bras. They're not the absolute most supportive but they're very comfortable, inexpensive, and have just enough light padding to prevent any visible nip action. They're really good for lighter jogging or anything where you're bouncing but not so hard your boobs hit your chin.