Motivation Needed - Opinions?

Options
So I've been working hard for the past couple of months doing Insanity I currently weigh 170 LBS, my weight before was 195LBS.

I have been so motivated to keep going and seeing the progress I have been making when the guy I was seeing told me that he doesn't see this working because of my weight.

Personally this is the most discouraging and disrespectful thing I have ever heard someone say, but maybe that's just me? Any opinions on this?

I know people who think this way aren't worth your time! It's just hard to stay motivated when you hear this kind of thing!!

This is my body appearance now.. I personally don't see weight being an issue, and I know more work can be done!

4492f3d0-9689-4d03-9ddc-739b84be7886_zps9c6b05f4.jpg

Replies

• AngParke
    AngParke Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    great work! you look fab!
  • dcnpaul
    dcnpaul Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time on people who can't be supportive - especially when you are trying to do something difficult. Lots of people can tear down but few build up. Keep company with those that can support you and you can support them. Life is much more pleasant when you do!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty douchey thing for him to say. Move on and find someone better.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    He doesn't deserve a beautiful dedicated woman like you!
    Keep up the great work-love will find you when the time is right.
    Be patient.
    It wasn't the real thing.
  • jmclaren001
    jmclaren001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dump the guy and find someone supportive! In the long run, someone like him may not be able to stick through tough times.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    Don't allow yourself to give up over the words of someone who is careless with your heart. Don't quit.
  • JessieBrickner
    Options
    That is definitely discouraging, but people like that are negative and you don't need them in your life. You have made such great progress and if he can't see that you have been working really hard on it then he clearly has his head up his *kitten*. There is no reason why weight should ever be a factor in a relationship. Don't be discouraged, keep doing the great things you have been and he will regret that he ever said that.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    So you've lost weight...and THEN he dumped you, b/c you're too fat basically. Um, that doesn't make sense. It sounds like he has some other problem.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you know what most of us are going to say... the loser did you a favor! Really, I'm looking at your adorable face and the picture of your cute body and you're telling us this ahole breaks up over your weight?

Okay now the reality of how we feel. cry, feel bad and then determine that this ahole will not sabotage your efforts of a beautiful and healthy life. Thank him and meet a good man who loves you for you
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if he said that to you, he's an *kitten*! He wasn't worth your time and he's not worth you being upset. Forget you ever dated him and find a real man that treats you like a princess.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Just think you can show him what he is missing when you get to where you want to be, but honestly no guy like that is worth your time, and besides I think you look great as you are...:smile:

Keep Going

~Charlie
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty douchey thing for him to say. Move on and find someone better.

+1
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Eff him. You keep doing this for you and a much better, non-douche will come along!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The dude obviously has his own issues, but doesn't want to discuss them. Better to break up with someone like that sooner than later. Don't take his stupid comment personally- it may be because of you, but it's not what you think- for example, he may feel intimidated by you losing the weight for his own reasons: jealousy, guilt over him not taking care of himself, etc.

Either way, you are a goddess and don't you forget it. :flowerforyou:
  • fabby1990
    Options
    Oh now I see why you said you where feeling discouraged, honestly you are doing great! You don't need a guy who say's this to you, and he's probably intimidated that you are doing so good and you're probably looking better than him.. Keep up the great work, the only thing you need to drop is that jerk!
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    A guy says soemthing like that, he's not worth your time.

to hell with him - you're going to be fabulous, and he'll be sorry, because you'll already be with someone who deserves you.
  • caitlynforkz
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Such kind words, definitely not worth my time,
    I just didn't think it was a really appropriate things to say to someone who's trying to lose weight, I asked a few people their thoughts and some could see where he was coming from, personally I couldn't.

Such great motivation I was able to run my anger out!
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What an A-holio!! Absolutely not worth your time!! I don't even know how anyone can see where he is coming from. You keep going and let this be a motivational push. Get it girl!
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Your progress speaks for itself - you are doing awesome! Part company with the guy who's dragging you down. Obviously your health is important to you (as it should be). Your body thanks you! Keep up with your routine - it's obviously working!!