Replies

• KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options
    Happy to have you with us :)
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I started on December 1st, but I don't think my mind was in it, so I quit. I need to get my butt in gear and get started again. I will try to make tomorrow my day 2. Reading your posts has motivated me to try it again :)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 30 Day Shred! I've done it about three times, and had amazing results each time. I did not lose many pounds, but the inches came off (which is what I wanted). I think I'm going to throw it back into my rotation at least once a week.

Good luck!
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've started again this month but won't be consistent as I'm travelling. But for me it's the best exercise to bring my middle back to the shape I want. Do you have a group started or posting on this thread with updates?
  • sidcianicliff
    sidcianicliff Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay! Did day 4 level 1 today! Very nice! I will need to buy the DVD. I tried to check out Level 2 on you tube. You can rent it for 30 days. Huh? I'd rather buy it.......
    Measured myself last night, I'm down 1 1/4 inch on my waist, and down 1 inch on my hips!!
  • Cammy_girl
    Cammy_girl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've read a few places that you don't need to do it every day. Some have quoted Jillian as recommending 2 days on, one day off, but I haven't looked that up. Even if you end up taking 60 days to do it, you should still see results, might just take a little longer.

I am going to do the 2 days on, one off approach and try to fit some walks in as well, as I have been inactive for a while and don't want to put too much strain on joints, heart etc. I did it with my mum the other day, and she got concerned because I was really red, particularly in the chest area - I am usually like this when I can be arsed working out though, I try to make it worthwhile.

I have only done 2 days so far -3rd will be today. Between this, watching my calorie intake, upping my water and logging onto MFP regularly, I have lost over half a kilo since Monday. Only a thousand or so to go lol.
  • KirbyT16
    Options
    I just finished day 4. I can tell that my body is getting better at it. At first it was so embarrassingly hard but it is getting easier now! I keep posting here and updating here for those that want too, but there is also a thread that people are using too!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17760-30-day-shred-nov-dec-2013
  • bubbles1212
    Options
    I started the 1st, but I have skipped a few days. I am going to start over today. Do yall promise it gets easier... cause it kicked my butt last time I did it. hahaha.
  • bubbles1212
    Options
    Ok, I just did L1D1 again. It wasn't as hard or long as I remember. I only took 1 or 2 breaks. Thanks for the motivation y'all!!
  • KirbyT16
    Options
    Way to go! I had to take it easy the first few times but I feel like I am finally getting into it now! Day 5 done!
  • rmcnaull
    rmcnaull Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Late start already...I got sick last week and just now getting back to normal. I'm going to double up on days for level 1 to get me somewhat caught up to my original schedule, because I want to be rocking by New Years : ) How are all you ladies faring so far?
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble getting started. I did day 1 level 1 over again. Just need some motivation to keep going. Although today was the first morning that I went down the stairs without knee pain!
  • MicheleRMF
    Options
    I have been 30DS off and on for a few months. I do it now more consistently ( six days per week). I like to rotate the levels instead of doing each level for a specific amount of time. I believe mixing it up works better for me. I also hold on to my little two pound dumbbells when doing the warm ups and the cardios. I have started some strength training recently (lifting weights every other day for my upper body). In addition, I'm on day six of the squat challenge and I am up to holding a four minute plank.