Macros - lchf

Options
Hi,

Is there anyone out there who can help me work out my macros? I am doing lchf and not sure how to set up. I know the forumla is 70% fat/25% protein/5% carbs, but not sure how to set it up on my weight settings.

I am currently on a 1500 calorie plan.

If there are any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Replies

• karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1500 x .70 = 1050 cal fat / 9 = ~117g
    1500 x .25 = 375 cal protein / 4 = ~94g
    1500 x .05 = 75 cal carb / 4 = ~19g

117g of fat
    94g of protein
    19g of carbs
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    idk what ichf is tho
  • SunFlwr324
    SunFlwr324 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    idk what ichf is tho

I think she is referring to LowCarbHighFat ...
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    lchf = low carb high fat - personally I'd call 5% carbs extremely low carb - more like a keto diet.
  • oneday987
    oneday987 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't respond. I have just started on this forum and I am still trying to find my way around. Only found these responses to my question this morning!

Yeah, sorry it is the Low Carb High Fat diet plan.

@ mungowungo .. this is why I am asking for advice to work out what I need. I know when you first start (I have been on it for about 5-6 weeks now) you are meant to keep your carbs very low, but there is not much advice on how to keep on going. I have been on Diet Doctor and read most of the stuff there. Yeah it is ok (better than ok), but some of it is very vagueish.

@ bromygod ... thanks for working out these stats

117g of fat
    94g of protein
    19g of carbs

I might have to add some of the protein grams to the fat grams to make it lchf friendly .. seems to be too much protein? Advice from anyone please?
  • Olblueiiii
    Olblueiiii Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Low Carb/High Fat for about a month now. I've been Wheat, Gluten, Starch, and Sugar free. I have my diary set at 1,500 Calories, 75%F, 20%P, 5%C. (Do you know how to set your diary?) If I go a little over on carbs, I don't worry about it. But I always stay under 30g. Eventually(another couple of months?), I'll up the carbs to under 50g. When I reach my goal, it'll be 80g or so.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Low Carb/High Fat for about a month now. I've been Wheat, Gluten, Starch, and Sugar free. I have my diary set at 1,500 Calories, 75%F, 20%P, 5%C. (Do you know how to set your diary?) If I go a little over on carbs, I don't worry about it. But I always stay under 30g. Eventually(another couple of months?), I'll up the carbs to under 50g. When I reach my goal, it'll be 80g or so.

Go to "settings", then "diary settings", and then "goals".. Good luck
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't respond. I have just started on this forum and I am still trying to find my way around. Only found these responses to my question this morning!

Yeah, sorry it is the Low Carb High Fat diet plan.

@ mungowungo .. this is why I am asking for advice to work out what I need. I know when you first start (I have been on it for about 5-6 weeks now) you are meant to keep your carbs very low, but there is not much advice on how to keep on going. I have been on Diet Doctor and read most of the stuff there. Yeah it is ok (better than ok), but some of it is very vagueish.

@ bromygod ... thanks for working out these stats

117g of fat
    94g of protein
    19g of carbs

I might have to add some of the protein grams to the fat grams to make it lchf friendly .. seems to be too much protein? Advice from anyone please?

I'm doing LCHF. The protein needs formula I use is 1.5 grams per kg of lean body mass. A person doing rigorous exercise needs more protein while a person who is very sedentary may need less. I set my carbs to 25 grams. The balance of my calories come from fat. If you want free advice on LCHF, go to www.dietdoctor.com. Good luck.