WTH Breakroom!

Options
OMG!!! So it was bad enough that I knew they were ordering pizza for the entire office at work today. Lots and lots of them (13) from this specialty mom and pop shop with the best pizzas from scratch. I went out for lunch instead of staying here with the smell taunting me and ate a healthy turkey sandwich with no cheese from subway with apples and a water (yay go me). But I just went into the break room (3:20pm) to get some more water and its FULL of food. Some (not much) leftover pizza and get this, TREATS!!!

There are gooey Cinnamon rolls and brownies, cupcakes and looked like a chocolate cake and 2 pieces of cheesecake. My co-workers are NOT my friends. This job blows!

I avoided them all and came back to my desk to write this post and cry quietly to myself... :(

Replies

• tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    :smile: Way to stay strong!!!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You did great, but there no reason to avoid every thing you like. As in all things, moderation and control.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    that's brutal :(
    that made ME hungry and I didn't even have to see it!!! however, you resisted!! & you'll be rewarded on the scale : )
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Awwww! I really hope you were joking about crying. I do the same. Billy will bring home donuts and other junk. My now long lost friend(donuts), and I need to premake everything and grab a meal and run out of the kitchen before I'm tempted to grab a donut.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'm with Amarillo- snag a piece of pizza- wrap it up and have some tomorrow or Friday. Enjoy what you love.
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    at least people aren't eating in front of you! At work when people take a break to eat pizza I just keep working to take my mind off it.
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I bet the treats arent tasty enough for all the trouble they bring. 30mins exercise one brownie(guesssing) Thats some willpower you have!! good job. :flowerforyou: we have four kids in our house and im home all the time! that hallowen candy went to the kids' moms' house. my sons candy stayed here and i can hear the kit kats calling ......so i only ate one stick. lol :ohwell: and then the chocolate no longer called my name :laugh:
  • fullagrace
    Options
    im not actually crying. just wishing i was one of the few people that could eat whatever they want and not gain an ounce.

lol I really do like my job that just really made me sad. haha
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow that's frustrating but you should be so proud of yourself for not giving in. It makes that turkey sandwich taste that much better, doesn't it? :)
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    ugh i know what you're going though. There is ALWAYS some kind of treat in the breakroom here, its absurd. Cakes that the guys wife's make every tuesday and thursay, extra halloween candy, extra crackers, extra donuts and bagels from meetings, everything. i've gotten really good at avoiding it though, it takes practice and willpower. i agree with indulging but ****, i cant indulge EVERYDAY!

It's even worse when someone comes around to your desk with treat in hand, augh.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That sucks!!! Great job hanging tough though!! Be proud of yourself
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    My work had a huge donut party to welcome 2 new people last week. They had fresh donuts in every flavor plus my weekness bagels and cream cheese... I did not want the new people to think I was a snob so I stayed stong and was social. Way to go staying stong too. You will feel a lot better when you get on the scare and see that loss.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I face this constantly at work. I work in radio so every business brings us stuff in the hopes it will be mentioned on air . . . there is ALWAYS "bad" stuff in the lunchroom, more days than not. No one can ever bring anything healthy . . . no . . . it has to be pizza, donuts, cookies, cupcakes, wings, burgers . . . you name it then someone has brought it here, including everyone's left over candy from halloween . . . bug bowlfuls of that this week.

Last Friday we had a staff luncheon and they brought in pizza as well. I ate beforehand so I wouldn't be hungry and then make up a snack box of fresh crunchy veggies and sat and ate those while everyone pigged out on pizza. It didn't bother me one bit either! I've been eating VERY "clean" and healthy for almost 6 months and the few times I've caved and had something not only is it not as good as the memory of it . . . but it actually bothers me now and I usually feel ill or spend the afternoon in the ladies room.

Bring on the veggies I say!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! It's nearly a daily battle for me at my workplace. There is always food... yummy sweet treats, pizza, dips, cookies, etc. Other offices around us joke that "we'll eat anything" so everyone brings their leftovers here- like halloween candy! Or leftover food from conferences. It's really hard and my desk is just a few feet from our "food counter". I've suggested moving the food to at least the other side of the table but my co-workers want it by the door so people that walk by can see it. I could nearly cry some days... we rarely have cheesecake though! That would be a killer for me. Stay strong! If you're like me if you have one.. more will find it's way to your mouth!
  • maharet111
    maharet111 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Let's face it we all love a good potluck or a good employee appreciation lunch! So when I know this is going to happen at work, I do one of two things, usually depending upon my mood.

1. I drink 3 huge glasses of ice cold water. This usually makes me so full that the thought of stuffing something else in my stomach makes me ill. Of course, I then spend the next 3 hours getting up to pee every 35 minutes, but I didn't eat anything bad!

2. I allow myself a bit of moderation. I stay away from anything with pasta and mayonnaise in it, I get the vegetables and a SMALL amount of dip, and yes even ONE slice of pizza. I do however, blot it as much as I can and do not eat the crust!!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are the bomb.com! :happy: