Piercings and weight loss question

Options
If I were to get a navel piercing and then lost the weight, would it affect the piercing? My weight is mainly in my hips so up top isn't saggy or too loose. I just don't want to make the wrong decision but it would be nice to get it now and have it healed my summer. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• TarynAngeline
    TarynAngeline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It'll be fine.

By the way, how are you 180 lbs?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have had a belly button ring since I was 17. When I got it, I probably weighed around 120. My highest weight was in my mid 30's at 215. I'm now back in the 120's. Navel ring - it's been 20 years, and so far so good.

It did take six months to heal and out of the dozen or so piercings I've had, was the most painful. You really need to follow the care instructions to the T to avoid infection. Good luck!!!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little stretched out (95 pounds from highest weight to lowest weight), but that probably has more to do with two pregnancies than weight loss.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I got my belly button done in my teens. It's outlasted two pregnancies, and a weight fluctuation of about 80lb.

It's still there and still looks great. The hole is a little more shallow and a slightly bigger gauge than it was 15 years ago, but I'm still rocking it

Perhaps I'm rocking it now more than ever with my teeny abs poking through.
  • erinm5
    erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had my belly button pierced when I weighed 160 pounds. I then dropped to 150 pounds and now I am at about 174. There is no change to the piercing. However if your body rejects it then that is another issue. But weight has nothing to do it, as long as your clothes aren't getting caught on it.
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump

and thank you everyone!
  • Shieva
    Shieva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got my belly pierced when I was 250 pounds im down 201 now the ring is a tad bit loose. I was going to go back to the shop an see what they say about it. it doesn't look nasty or saggy but I can tell Ive lost weight its a little loose in that area.