Insanity

Options
I plan to do insanity when I get home but don't know how I would log that since its not in the database. I thought I'd be able to enter a new exercise but don't know how many calories i will have burned.

How does everyone else log Insanity??

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    It would be very beneficial to have a Heart Rate Monitor for these workouts. Then you can easily put in each workout and what you burned. Your HRM will be able to tell you how many calories you are burning. I highly recommend one with a chest strap, they are much more accurate. There really is no way for me or anyone else to tell you how many calories you would burn. Every person is very different. For now, I would use the high intensity cardio workout and input how long the workout is. That will give you a general idea.

Good luck with Insanity. It is a great program. Don't give up, you will get it. Shaun T is a great motivator and will push you to the limit, but I know you can do it. :bigsmile:
  • djscardi
    djscardi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    jjtonic75: is there a heart rate monitor that you could recommend? I've been looking at them all day and I just don't have a clue!! Thanks!!
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you have a sports authority, they have a watch for 60 that counts calories and monitors your heart rate.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    For just starting out I bought a hrm @ Wal-mart for $30. It's by Sportline. Of course you can spend more money and get one that tracks fat grams, gravitational pull and the stars alignment, but I didn't need all of that.
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ive never done insanity but I just want to thankyou for your post as I had never heard about it and am very keen to get on board and get the dvd ...

Depending on which workout your doing I would put it under intense cardio or intense body weight workouts
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Right now I have a Polar RS300X, it reads my Max and Avg HR and the duration of the workout. After you are done with your workout, you can look up how many calories you burned during the workout on the monitor. You do not have to get the RS300X, there are several other options. I do suggest looking on the Polar website and then searching for the best price. You can find them on Amazon and several other websites.

I did get one from Wal-mart when I first started out, but it really did not work so well. I HIGHLY recommend one with a chest strap. You will hardly notice that it is there. It will read your heart rate more accurately.

If anyone is interested in Insanity, here is the website to take a look at it. Let me know what you liked most about the information.
    http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/jjtonic75?bctid=45375625001
  • djstaen
    Options
    Girl I have no clue but ur weight and weight goals sound like me.. How tall are u??
  • iheartshae
    iheartshae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'6'' and 5' 7'' - I think thats why I friended you djstaen, we sounded alike to me too.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Did you do the workout?
  • sgarverick
    Options
    I will finish round 1 of Insanity on Saturday and it's a hard workout but don't give up!! I just log the exercise with circut training or intense cardio depending on what day I am and I then always track less calories then it says for me. Let me know what you think of Insanity. I am considering another round but may do hip hop abs first.