insanity

Options
Im starting insanity tomorrow, im quite nervous but very excited!!! what should i expect( i know im going to die doing this!!!!) has anyone else done this and gotten good results?

Replies

• AcLion
    AcLion Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the one program I am MOST proud of getting through! It definitely won't be easy (hells no it won't!) but it's totally worth it! I did, however, find it easier to do with a group to keep me motivated!

Feel free to friend me! I have my before and after pics posted on there! You're going to be great!
  • kellyjoftw
    Options
    I've done 3 rounds of Insanity thus far. It can get tough at times, but Shaun T is an awesome instructor. He knows what to say to keep you going. I've also found that usually by the time I reach the point of feeling so fatigued I can't finish another rep, we'll move on to a new muscle group. The most important thing to remember is that this is all about you improving, not being perfect. Don't feel like you have to keep up with the people in the videos, just give it your all and take a break when you need to. There's no shame in doing modifiers or taking a breather if your form is suffering...don't risk injury by pushing through with bad form! It's a great program and it's super fun, good luck and God bless! :)
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • dbrent8690
    dbrent8690 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! i did the first week, then i got horribly sick and took a week off =( im starting back up tomorrow now that im feeling mostly better!!!! the first week was totally rough but i actually enjoyed it!!!!
  • BuManCuzBrah
    Options
    I did the first 30 days of insanity.
    It hurt bad but I was a 300 lb guy.
    It was haed because my stomach was so big.
    However I stopped doing it because I felt like (for me)
    It wasnr worth the hustle.
    So I do what I now call."intensity"
    It's just the warm up part of the first day, twice. Half hour worth.
    According to my HRM I burn some good calories.
    But thats just me.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I saw results in the first two weeks, I didn't finish it though...I have a short attention span and I got bored with it after two months. Good luck though, everyone I know who has done it has loved it and the results are awesome.
  • ReverendNewman
    ReverendNewman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did two rotations of Insanity. Did see much results, look wise. It did make me more flexible and stronger in the gym. I do T25 now. It's basically Insanity without the water breaks, stretching and cool down. Fits perfectly into my exercise regime.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I lost a stone and a half doing insanity and dropped two jean sizes, so yeah its pretty damn awesome! Good luck with it :)

I also do Focus T25 now and as said its insanity without the long warm up and water breaks, so worth looking at when you've finished Insanity.
  • Insanity786
    Insanity786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi

Any tips on getting most out of insanity?

I was on week 4, and got ill. Going to repeat week 4 from tomorrow.

Motivation is desperately needed.