Is it good enough o Loose shouldn't it be heathy eating?

I see some diaries and they stay within calories but eat gravies, fried foods , KFC etc and loose weight, but in the end what did ou gain? I try eat clean and I exercise and am maintains Not loosing, so maybe I have it wrong......except I feel better I know my body feels better.......sorry just had to vent today, thanks

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Wow, that's a tall horse. Careful up there.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    No food is "bad". It is about being able to sustain the change and taking baby steps to achieve a lifetime of health. Not everyone can eat clean and stay with it from day one.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Um... k.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I see some diaries and they stay within calories but eat gravies, fried foods , KFC etc and loose weight, but in the end what did ou gain? I try eat clean and I exercise and am maintains Not loosing, so maybe I have it wrong......except I feel better I know my body feels better.......sorry just had to vent today, thanks
    You're venting about how other people choose to eat?

You must lead a very pampered life.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    nothing i hate more than loose weight.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Well there is your problem, you can not "loose" weight.

Most people eat a deficit and exercise, that is all you have to do pretty much. The other day I went for a run and was able to fit sugar cookies and crunch n munch in my day AND still have 500 calories left over.
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member
    LOOSE is pronounced like GOOSE, and it will describe the fit of your clothes when you LOSE weight.
  • nothing i hate more than loose weight.

I loose quite a bit of weight when I unfasten my belt.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Lolzzz

I plan on eating more vile foods today. Still dropping the lbs.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Whats wrong with gravy?

Most of us are looking at long term goals and a little bit of kfc wont kill us ( well it would me but that down to allergies). Most if realise that there is NO bad food just some that are better kept as the occasional treat

Dread to think what you think of my diary as I have sweets and treats daily.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    You haven't played on the success forums much have you? A lot of those people eat McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, Kraft Mac and Cheese, etc.. and have lost 20/30/50/100 lbs. How? Because it is all about calories in and calories out. Some one can eat Taco Bell every day and still lose weight.

So what are you really pissed off about? The fact that these people have learned to encorporate everyday life into their diets? You should give it a try some times...sounds like.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Everybody is different, I love that some of my friends lose weight well on fast food and Cheetos and ice cream and vodka (don't pretend you don't love some of those things sometimes!). I think that is the coolest thing about having many friends with open diaries, I can see how different approaches work for everybody! Lots of people feel great eating that way. The people that don't often have interesting ways of getting in their calories with lots of fruit and vegetables. In the end its about calorie deficit or lack there of that determines whether you lose weight. If you feel you are eating healthy and feel great then awesome, but don't expect to drop pounds if you are eating at maintenance or above...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I clicked the thread to see if I could gain insight on the meaning of the title. No such luck. I have no idea what this thread is supposed to be about.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    I have friends in both sides of the spectrum, some eat fast food a few times a week, some are completely vegan. You know what works? Eating what you like and can maintain forever, and keeping it at a deficit until you hit your personal weight/body goal.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Thanks now I want KFC chicken with lots of mashed potatoes and gravy! I might have to loosen my belt after :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I clicked the thread to see if I could gain insight on the meaning of the title. No such luck. I have no idea what this thread is supposed to be about.

Yup this was me:
    Mark-Wahlberg-Shock-and-Confused-Look.gif
  • I think that as you get older your body wants to hold onto that weight, it used to be so easy for me to lose a few pounds. Now I really have to work at it, not only losing it but keeping it off. I know that eating clean and healthy is so wonderful for your body and I try to stick to it, (unfortunately I still like all those bad foods so I have to be careful!) I believe in the long run you will be better for it, so stick to your clean eating, your body will thank you. Just remember, if we stick with it we will make our goal one day, have a good day.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member

Hmmm...pretty sure calories in vs calories out equals weight loss...not KFC in vs. rabbit food in...I have KFC on occaision, I just make better choices like the grilled chicken instead of the fried. However, I have a weakness for shortbread cookies and will spend an hour on the eliptical just so I can eat the whole package if I want. Yes, I agree, health is about more than losing (not loosing) weight, but it is also a marathon, not a sprint, and if someone wants to survive on spoonfuls of Crisco, but they are still taking it off, eventually they will get to a point where they need more nutrients than what said Crisco is providing and will open themselves up to new foods...not really your place to decide what is right for anyone but you...unless you have kids..then I make them eat their veggies...:smile:
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member

QFT!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

Yup this was me:
    Mark-Wahlberg-Shock-and-Confused-Look.gif

Yup! Oh well, off to eat some hash browns covered in gravy and washed down with Red Bull!