30 day shred. starting my journey.

Options
2»

Replies

• SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am on day two of 30ds today. I started a few days before thanksgiving but I am not counting those because I stopped. All I have are some 10lb weights and they are killing me! What lb weights are you guys using. I was thinking about going down with the weight but I figure this is my "heavy lifting" lol. But seriously those 10lbs mind as well be 50! But I am going to try and keep using them. :)
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    be careful with your form so you dont hurt yourself with those weights! I use 1.5lb weights for each hand because that's all I have currently. Although I've done 30DS with 3lb weights each hand before.

I just started the program again today, then I plan on doing RI30

Good luck everyone!!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 level 3.. I took many breaks in between.. and I am surprised I made it this far.. If I can complete this I will stick to yoga and pilates for sometime and then start Ripped in 30. I havent been very consistent yet I am seeing good results.. :)
  • Lola824
    Lola824 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb waits cuz I am a weakling. I use the 30 day shred with the gym right now. Has anyone had significant results with the 30 day shred?
  • Gunnerslove
    Gunnerslove Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did my very first day on level 1 last night and plan on doing it again this evening when all the kids are sleeping ;) I'm assuming you do each level for ten days then advance a level?
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am on day two of 30ds today. I started a few days before thanksgiving but I am not counting those because I stopped. All I have are some 10lb weights and they are killing me! What lb weights are you guys using. I was thinking about going down with the weight but I figure this is my "heavy lifting" lol. But seriously those 10lbs mind as well be 50! But I am going to try and keep using them. :)
    I use 2lbs, 3lbs and 4lbs weights depending on the exercise but I have not upper body and arm strength to speak of.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Those weights are too heavy. You'll have a hard time using proper form and you may hurt yourself. I use 5lb and 3 lb for shoulder moves.
  • brendarun
    Options
    i need to get back on this, i always seem to stop after a few days
  • rorlie
    rorlie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just started the 30DS yesterday and I thought I was going to die! It is definitely a great workout but I have a couple of questions. I assume you do this for 30 days straight or can you take a day off now and then but just keep counting doing the actual workout for 30 days? Just not sure my knees can handle doing it every day for 30 days. Also, how long do you stay on one level? I just bought the DVD but it did not come with any instructions really. Thanks for your help! Rose
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just started the 30DS yesterday and I thought I was going to die! It is definitely a great workout but I have a couple of questions. I assume you do this for 30 days straight or can you take a day off now and then but just keep counting doing the actual workout for 30 days? Just not sure my knees can handle doing it every day for 30 days. Also, how long do you stay on one level? I just bought the DVD but it did not come with any instructions really. Thanks for your help! Rose

I think there's some debate about whether to do it straight through every day for 30 days or not. I haven't heard it myself, but a few people have posted that they heard or read an interview with Jillian where she recommends doing 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, then repeat, then a rest day. I personally am planning on doing it 30 straight days, but that's more just because I do better when I give myself a challenge!

And as far as the levels, I think the general consensus is ten days on each level, but that's not set in stone, the idea is to move up to level two and level three whenever you feel like you're ready. I only did five days on level one because I was starting to get bored, did level two for ten days and actually just started level three today.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options

I agree that the title is misleading. Jillian Michaels said in a webcast that the name was more of a marketing idea. The little bit of instruction that she gives on the DVD is to start with level one and move on "when you're ready", she never says spend 10 days on each level, though that would seem logical for a 30 day program with 3 levels. While I love the 30 shred, I always like to point out the disclaimer at the beginning that no ever reads that advises to check with your Dr. before starting an exercise program. This is particularly true with anyone who has knees or back (or shoulder) issues.

Also you should take a rest day(s) every 2 or three days or when you need it. Many people drop out after days 10-15 because of problems with lower back, knees, etc. and trying to blast through it day after day after day. Don’t worry about not getting results if you don’t go 30 days straight, because you won’t get results if you are injured and on the sidelines. If you do this program properly for 30 days (even if it is stretched over the course of 40+ days) you will still like your results. With that all said most people like this program. Look at the reviews on Amazon! Also if you look at who gave it only 1 star, you'll understand what I am talking about.
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing L2 since nov4 gonna start L3 in dec 1
    I have lost more weight this month than last!
    Awesome!!!

Just curious r u taking a level each month?