yummy oatmeal recipe ideas plz?

Options
Im not a fan of oatmeal, but i want to give it another try since it is healthy. Do any of you know any that are yummy, and do not have a lot of sugar like the pre-packaged ones? ( oh, and I don't like pieces of cooked fruit in anything! lol) thanks in advanced and happy holidays!

Replies

• mylife4eva
    Options
    yes? no? :sad:
  • jbake58
    Options
    When I eat oatmeal I like to put in 1/4 to 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 - 1 scoop protein powder and a tablespoons of some kind of nut butter and of course a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. This transforms the oatmeal to a protein packed breakfast that will keep you full and enough carbs and fat for that quick energy boost. The oatmeal I use is the old-fashioned type.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I used to hate oatmeal, one of my favorite morning meals because it's so easy and delicious:

1/2 Dry Rolled Oats
    Just a tad bit of water to steam the oats.
    45 Seconds in Microwave.

1. Add 1 Scoop of vanilla protein powder
    2. Add I Cup of Skim Milk
    3. Add half a banana
    4. Either a bit of peanut butter or almond butter for taste
    5. Mix in bowl
    6. Microwave for 45 Seconds.
  • koos22
    koos22 Posts: 22
    Options
    Do you like nut butters? When you run out of a jar of peanut butter or whatever, fill it with oatmeal and water/milk. Leave it overnight.. Warm it up in the morning, after it soaked up all the deliciousness! Yum. :)

Or soak some oaks overnight, and put them in a smoothie in the morning. It just adds thickness, not much flavor. But it's more filling.
  • brooklynnchick
    Options
    check out the blog ohsheglows, it's almost always the first up in a google search.she's got a recipe for peantubutter/banana oatmeal that is to DIE for. I usually hate bananas but they dont take over the flavor in this recipe. I lower the fat content by substituting peanut butter for PB2 powder - which has 1.5g fat per 2T - and mixing it with milk to create a paste.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    oatmeal cooked with almond milk instead of water, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon and peanut butter

or

oatmeal cooked with almond milk, vanilla protein powder, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love McCann's Steel Cut aotmeal. It does take longer to cook than Quaker, but it tastes so much better. Cook it on a very low flame for about 20 - 30 minutes. Here is what make it ridiculously good - when it is done add International Delight Hazelnut creamer and some nuts (Almonds or pecans). Yum. Here is another tip. If you dont have 30 miutes to cook oatmeal in the morning (and really, who does?) You can always cook it the night before and chill it in the fridge and pop it in the microwave the next morning before you add the creamer and nuts.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I always start with 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk cooked on 70% power in the microwave for 5 minutes.

I usually stir in 2 teaspoons of peanut, almond, or chocolate-hazelnut butter while it's still hot.

I add sliced fruit, usually a banana and/or some strawberries.

Sometimes I'll top it off with some cinnamon and/or nuts.