why is life trying to sabotage me?????

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,836 Member
On Wednesday one of my co-workers said he was going to take me out to lunch today due to all the help I've given this week. I planned for this to happen, and I didn't bring anything from home to eat. Now he says he has "family problems" he needs to take care of at home cause of his kid's birthday or something stupid like that. I feel so sabotaged!!!! My day is ruined, cause now I have to go and find lunch for myself, plus now I have to rearrange my plans for next week so he can take me out then instead. I just don't know how to take this! I'm sitting here binging on 2 cups of free popcorn, and my eyes are all watery, and I think I have to pee.

It's a sabotage I tell you!!!!

beastie-boys-sabotage-o.gif

Replies

• minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    On Wednesday one of my co-workers said he was going to take me out to lunch today due to all the help I've given this week. I planned for this to happen, and I didn't bring anything from home to eat. Now he says he has "family problems" he needs to take care of at home cause of his kid's birthday or something stupid like that. I feel so sabotaged!!!! My day is ruined, cause now I have to go and find lunch for myself, plus now I have to rearrange my plans for next week so he can take me out then instead. I just don't know how to take this! I'm sitting here binging on 2 cups of free popcorn, and my eyes are all watery, and I think I have to pee.

It's a sabotage I tell you!!!!

beastie-boys-sabotage-o.gif

You on period or somethin?
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sucks that you lost your lunch date.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Did your co-worker happen to look like this?

beastieboys-sabotage-3.jpg
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You have my dearest sympathy. I'm not really sure how one comes back from the brink like that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    the world is out to get you. seriously.

I always pack a small lunch when I'm supposed to be going out- I learned that lesson the hard way a LONG time ago.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Get your revenge on him. Bake him some cookies but mix some extra strong laxative powder in to them before baking them. evillaugh.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

:flowerforyou:
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Weird!! I'm listening to the Beastie Boys right now!
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

no, he already has this strange habit of having to tuck his shirt into his pants when he's at my desk.... I don't want to risk that getting any worse

That sounds like sexual harassment to me, OP. Better bone up on your legal options.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    wow, talk about first world problems.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your MRSA
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this is a joke.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i am SO glad you referred to this person as a co-worker and not a friend, because a FRIEND would never do that.

you should just expect people to let you down like this person has.

so sorry to hear of this.

my thoughts are with you.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    IN. For Beastie Boys appreciation.