Do you feel bad when you miss your workout/cardio session?

Options

Replies

• RileyEli11
    Options
    This depends.

Did I miss the workout because I was lazy and allowed the Blerch to catch up and talk me out of it? If yes then yes I feel like crap.

But I miss it because life happens, then no. Just continue on and hit the next session.

WOOW I have been getting some great and positive feed back THANK YOU FOR IT.. and another reason I missed it because of my Pinched Nerve medication I was feeling really loopy. I had to sit down and take a break and didn't feel right at all "Stupid Medication"
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    I am down with the flu and it is driving me crazy that I missed an entire week of workouts!!! I am trying to nurse myself to get better hopefully by Monday I will be able to resume normal activities.
    I hope you get better and drink lots of fluids and tea is great. Keep us posted :)

Thanks! I did lose 4 lbs. the unhealthy way! LOL!
    LOL
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes! But I'm horribly OCD. LOL

I also know that it isn't the end of the world and just get to it again the next day. And then I'll work harder & longer to make up for the missed day. It's all good in the end.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I don't like to miss days...I often struggle with taking a "rest day". :bigsmile:
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    I wouldn't say I feel AWFUL, or that I have failed myself. I do feel like I missed out on something GREAT, though! Working out is something I look forward to on each my scheduled days. Sometimes I have to remind myself to take a day off and rest!! But, if I do miss one, I do feel like I jipped myself out of a chance to achieve my fitness goals that much faster. But I don't trip on it or get all caught up. I just make sure I don't miss the next one. Usually if I miss the workout, it was because I was crazy busy and the day got past me, or I was ill. If I don't workout because I was feeling lazy, like rdhulir said, then that is a different story. I will get on my OWN case for being a punk and copping out. Then I feel bad for letting my principles and mindset be compromised by my own lazy decision. But again, it's right back on the horse!!

I'm riding the bull today with some sparring. That I'll teach me ..Thanks
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! But that is because exercising makes me happy :) That's my way to get out of the stressfull day for a moment and just be alone with myself and my music on. So when I don't workout for a couple of days I'm less 'balanced'
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Hate missing workouts .. but I haven't missed one yet. It has only been 2.5 months since I started going to the gym, so someday it might just happen.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.... especially when I first lost all of my weight, I was so afraid that it would come back if I missed... I didn't trust myself to keep going back if I missed and it caused alot of anxiety. Once I was able to maintain through pregnancy (of course I gained but stayed in "normal" mode) and after hip surgery, I decided to trust myself a bit more... I do get the nagging fear creeping up every once in a while though.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I used to feel terrible about it ,but then I wrote it down in my notes on my phone ( I know it's silly but it helps me )

I wrote " it's ok to skip one day a week for no reason at all without feeling guilty ) if I am sick I need to reevaluate whether I "really" need to skip another day or not '

I always look at it before I skip sometimes I still skip sometimes I don't becasue I thinkk hmmm what if I want to skip after one of my late work nights , which one of them was last night - I work from 6 am to 8 pm , and I did skip last night because I was sleepy . no guilt ,I really was tired .

I think we need to listen to our bodies ,if we are tired let it rest ... or if there is an important event or family time as long as you don't let all those excuses derail you . Know whats important .
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    I don't like to miss days...I often struggle with taking a "rest day". :bigsmile:

I know I sometimes take the dog out a little bit longer than I'm suppose on my day off..LOL
  • Devourer1
    Devourer1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No not if I know that I will make it up but if it goes to two days, three days, then 4 well that means I am being really bad.
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    UPDATE: For some odd reason I woke up really sore like if I ran a marathon I guess it's YOGA TIME
  • sarajane729
    sarajane729 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tend to feel bad when I can't get to the gym but I don't beat myself up about it. I have a four year old son and spending time with him is my priority. If I can't get to the gym I try to incorporate my workout into hanging with him. I'll run as he rides his bike or we will play tag or take the dog for a walk for cardio. I also have a ton of at home wokout dvds I'll try and do before bed. If I absolutely can't get a workout in, I will just push a little harder the next day. It happens to the best of us. Keep your head up.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i do... mostly because i'm such an all or nothing personality that if i miss one, then i'm gonna miss two, then three, etc...

and that's exactly what's been going on the past 2 weeks. work schedule has been hectic, my car was OOS for a little while so i couldn't go to the gym after work like i usually do while depending on coworkers to give me a ride... the weather's been too cold or too wet to run/walk outside and these circumstances have made it way too easy for me to make excuses not to exercise. the result? i've been way hungrier than when i exercise regularly and struggling to stay under goal each day, i'm getting flabby(er), and i have let myself skip the gym the past few nights even when there was no acceptable reason to do so, just 'cause i "didn't feel like it."

it's gonna take a small inferno under my @$$ to get back on track, but darn it, i'll do it.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do. I get this disgusted feeling of myself. Then I just go hard the next day.
  • kristen_karg
    kristen_karg Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just started back after a move a few months ago. I'm really trying to get back on track. Having a new schedule is hard to get used to. I could really use some encouragement throughout the way! Any requests would be totally appreciated! :) thanks guys.
    -Kristen
  • greenhudler
    Options
    I do, I really really do feel AWFUL and I know it's only one day but for some reason I just can't shake the feeling of me failing and quitting. Probably because that's how usually it's start with, missing one day, then skipping every other day, then two in a row and so on and so on. My goal is to loose Body Fat % I'm putting all my food intake on MFP to keep track of cals and such. I hate this feeling I'm just venting out here in the community and if you want to share on how you feel and how you beat that awful feeling please let me know. Thanks
    I have absolutely been there and am still working through feeling like this. I have started and stopped so many things, including changing my eating habits, that in the past missing one day would snowball into giving up. So now, even though I've passed that hurdle and this has become a habit, I still hate missing a day (unless it was one I planned on anyways or I had a legit reason for) because I worry about that snowball effect. Now to combat that I just push myself a little extra the next day!
  • RileyEli11
    Options
    I do, I really really do feel AWFUL and I know it's only one day but for some reason I just can't shake the feeling of me failing and quitting. Probably because that's how usually it's start with, missing one day, then skipping every other day, then two in a row and so on and so on. My goal is to loose Body Fat % I'm putting all my food intake on MFP to keep track of cals and such. I hate this feeling I'm just venting out here in the community and if you want to share on how you feel and how you beat that awful feeling please let me know. Thanks
    I have absolutely been there and am still working through feeling like this. I have started and stopped so many things, including changing my eating habits, that in the past missing one day would snowball into giving up. So now, even though I've passed that hurdle and this has become a habit, I still hate missing a day (unless it was one I planned on anyways or I had a legit reason for) because I worry about that snowball effect. Now to combat that I just push myself a little extra the next day!

You and me both and I really hate the Snow Ball Effect it's so hard for me. One day from missing and the BOOOM you are eating Doritos with hot sauce and Fayo strawberry pop, while having gummy bears Mini Twix and a bag of suckers while wathing TV and you are like WTF I thought I was at the gym and I just missed a day!..TWILIGHT ZONE S***..
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I havent been to the gym in a while ... a while as in 2 days lol ... I miss it but like others have said, i dont beat myself up about it. There has been a lot going on. Missing some days doesnt reverse all the work that i have been putting in ...

My roommate stopped working out with my in October ... she doesnt care. I think if you care enough that you missed you are on the right path!

50540473.png
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I feel bad only if I skipped the day because I "didn't feel like it".
    I don't feel bad if Life got in the way and I couldn't get to it because of a legitimate lack of time and scheduling and I look for a time to reschedule the workout. Life can throw us punches sometimes and take us off-schedule but we can reschedule and adapt. There's no reason to feel badly about this sort of thing.
    As long as I eat healthy and work out at least 3x a week, I'm happy with my progress.