"No Treats til Turkey Day!"

Options
I don't know about any of you, but the plethora of halloween goodies and candy I couldn't avoid, & didn't resist, has given me a sugar rush that could last me 'til 2012. As such, & being guilty of "treating" myself excessively lately, I've decided to implement a "No treats til Turkey day" mantra starting tomorrow (Thanksgiving is exactly three weeks away from tomorrow). Gonna keep doing what I've been doing, but just ELIMINATE processed, sugary, candy, and soda, and goodies from my diet. I usually allow myself treats if I have the calories, but I figure a good push now will drop me some pounds by then and let me indulge in some Pumpkin Pie on the big day. Anyone else want to commit to three weeks without TREATS???

Let's do it!!!!!!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• adrianhelen
    adrianhelen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I had too many treats for Halloween as it is. Good to give myself a push so that I can enjoy a little Thanksgiving without feeling too guilty.
  • MissMessVaness
    MissMessVaness Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING (on the 1st of the month... woops!) but I am back on the deal!! thanks for the idea... or should I say reminder!!
  • bree5291
    Options
    GREAT idea.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Was planning to do the exact same thing. I told myself no more candy today! :)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I had (and am still having--ugh!) too many treats lately. This is just what I need. Thanks.
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING (on the 1st of the month... woops!) but I am back on the deal!! thanks for the idea... or should I say reminder!!

Hahaha, I was sooooo going to start on the 1st too but I was terribly hungover that day & couldn't resist having some treats, and then I got into my son's candy late last night so I came up with this as I was driving to work today, seemed like a pretty legit "rebound" goal, lol.
  • foxylady8098
    Options
    I'm on my second week of doing the same thing, but instead of candy (or goodies), it's alcohol. No alcoholic beverages until Thanksgiving. Then I think I will do the same thing from then until Christmas.
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    I'm on my second week of doing the same thing, but instead of candy (or goodies), it's alcohol. No alcoholic beverages until Thanksgiving. Then I think I will do the same thing from then until Christmas.

oh yeah, I am DEFINATELY cutting out alcohol. For now it's til New Years, but I might just drop it alltogether. It's never done anything good for me from the first time I tried it (arrested for underage drinking) until my latest fiasco on Halloween.... (sigh)
  • queenofdisney
    Options
    that's a great idea! i usually allow myself a treat also if i can fit in my calories. but it's only 3 weeks right? we can do it! i vow not to have any lattes, cappucinos, coolattas, ice cream, etc. except maybe cake this weekend because i am going to a birthday party for my niece. that would be bad luck to not have a piece, right?
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    that's a great idea! i usually allow myself a treat also if i can fit in my calories. but it's only 3 weeks right? we can do it! i vow not to have any lattes, cappucinos, coolattas, ice cream, etc. except maybe cake this weekend because i am going to a birthday party for my niece. that would be bad luck to not have a piece, right?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! lol
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    So, I started off really good but then caved:angry: --on my first day of this challenge! I know I need to do better and I need to keep junk OUT of the house! (That's not always easy when others bring it home.:grumble: )

I have decided that I am just going to tell myself that it isn't mine. :drinker: I am also going to remind myself of how I feel when I eat crap--I feel like CRAP!:tongue:
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    So, I started off really good but then caved:angry: --on my first day of this challenge! I know I need to do better and I need to keep junk OUT of the house! (That's not always easy when others bring it home.:grumble: )

I have decided that I am just going to tell myself that it isn't mine. :drinker: I am also going to remind myself of how I feel when I eat crap--I feel like CRAP!:tongue:

haha, I only made it til the second day myself, lol. I had to watch the desk while everyone was out to lunch FOREVER and so I didn't get to eat until past two and I snuck a snickers out of the treat jar in my boss' office to tide me over....sigh....that's what I get for waiting so long to eat. That's ok, no MORE treats til Turkey day, lol.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    There's a chocolate cake sitting on my counter!!!:explode: :grumble: :angry: My DD decided to make it last night. I AM NOT HAVING ANY!

I am making fresh applesauce and have veggies cut up to go with my hummus (I love hummus!)

Homemade turkey soup in the crockpot for supper.

Later I am going to bake up some corn chips from the package of corn tortillas we have. No one seems to eat them unless they are made into chips and they make a good and healthy snack.

Healthy foods are ready. I WILL STAY AWAY FROM THAT CAKE!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Kera885
    Options
    This is a wonderful idea!!! I'm definitely going to join you on this one, hope I can stick to it lol
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Oops. I failed. Lol. :) Had cheesecake last night and a piece of candy like the day after posting here. Hahaha! Pathetic. Does it count as I treat even if it fits in your calorie goal? :( I haven't gone over in like weeks, but I've had all sorts of "sweets" lately.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I am failing miserably! I am starting over again and will see how far I get. It would be nice to go for more than 1 day!