too few calories - road block

Options
I guess I'm sabotaging myself. :( I thought I was doing so much better today too. I felt like I ate a lot. *sigh*
I only just noticed today a little message it puts in very small print whenever I click on "complete this entry"....
Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum.
So....eat more. That just seems so weird. But okay. I'll give it a go.

Replies

• ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I eat 3 meals a day plus snacks, and I still didn't go over 1100 calories today. I feel full after I eat. I am struggling with this eating more issue. This is messing with my mind!!!!
  • busymom6
    busymom6 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    it sounds weird but it is working for me. If I keep to between 1200 and 1350 a day I am losing 1 - 1.5 lbs a week. I have aprox the same starting and goal weights as yourself. Try it for a couple of weeks and see your results. Also I feel great . Not hungry and not craving.
  • kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...I also got that message today too :P think my problem was that I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and with work all day, kept me busy and not thinking about food. I will work on it as well . Good luck all
  • jdpatton
    Options
    Have you consulted with a doctor or nutritionist? You can also do some research online to find things that are high calories.