I need some reassurance.

Options
I am a 20 year old woman with PCOS, and I find that I'm having a really hard time with keeping on track. I am POOR. And when I say I'm poor, I mean I can't always eat what I want… if at all. I need some tips, some recipes, and some suggestions for what I can do to keep on track. I weigh 269 lbs (right now, I was down 5 lbs but I gained it back) and my goal is to be at 160 or less.
I need some help getting into a gym. I also don't know what to do to boost my confidence.

I'm hoping that I can get some feedback and I'd like some people to add me… I'm nervous about being on a website where I don't know anybody and I feel like most days I have no support.

How do I kick this horrible food addiction I have, stay on track, and start changing my life for good??

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. TBH, I don't really understand what you're asking for. Ultimately, losing weight is about eating at a caloric deficit - that can be done on any food budget, from nothing-but-Little-Debbie all the way up to grass-fed-bison-hand-massaged-by-78-year-old-virgins-while-a-chorus-of-angels-sings-lullabies.
  • kdjfalkj
    kdjfalkj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    At-home exercises may be more convenient than a gym. You can try some of Cassey Ho's workout videos on YouTube, she's really upbeat and her routines are challenging yet easy to follow!

Your food budget is rather personal, but whatever you can afford, just make sure it's something that'll keep you full, energized and nourished for a long time. And there are plenty of healthy few-ingredient recipes out there on Google, and I've got some I can share.

If you're having trouble staying on track, you may want to try an activity that requires a lot of self-discipline, like ballet exercises or Pilates. Books and videos on these can be found at the library & YouTube (respectively), and even though they're no substitute for actual classes, the exercises listed still require quite a bit of commitment to become effective workouts. When it comes to staying on track, make it all about creating new (healthier) habits, since doing so is said to be easier than trying to change old ones.

You sound like you're ready to get what you want out of a healthier lifestyle, so don't stress, you've got this. :smile:
  • ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hear your frustration so I can tell how much you want this. You can do this. The answer is planning, planning, planning. Thats one of the reasons this site is so great. Its a guide to keep you on course. Mr. Knight has a good point. Its just a matter of calories in vs. Calories out. How you do that is really very individual. What works for you may not work for me. Take some time to form a plan that will work for you. For instance... what type of exercise do you like? What healthy foods do you like? What foods lead to binging? For example... I know that cookies and sweets are my weakness. I cannot have them in my house because I know that when my resistance is down, like when I'm hungry and stressed, I'm going to binge. I know that I cannot let myself get too hungry. I need to be sure I keep easy snacks at work so that I don't eat the candy around the office. I also know that I'm a night time grazer. Instead of trying to change that, I try to adjust it.. tweak it to fit my personal preferences. I also know that I'm not a runner. I like the gym. Thats me. A lot of people hate the gym, but enjoy doing workout videos. Again, its about having the diet and exercise fit your lifestyle instead of the other way around. So get to know yourself and make a plan that works for you. Read the message boards. Make friends. Give support to others here and you will definitely get plenty of support back. Add me if you like. Good luck!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    i have no idea what PCOS is?
  • Koma_Zd
    Koma_Zd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common female endocrine disorders affecting approximately 5%-10% of women of reproductive age (12–45 years old) and is thought to be one of the leading causes of female infertility.