100+ Pounds To Lose - Looking For MFP Friends

Options
Hey,

Yup, I had a chat with myself this morning. I am taking this seriously. No more excuses.

My plan for now is strictly staying under my calorie deficit.

I made it a reasonable weekly goal - 0.5 Weekly Weight Loss Goal

I am not restricting any foods from my plan. I made my diary public. However, I will not be eating the healthiest.

I am taking it day by day. I am focusing on one thing at a time. I don't want to overwhelm myself with too many goals at once.

Hoping to make many new friends.

Here's to DAY 1 - MFP Plan for me :)

Have a great day.

Replies

• shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome - this site is wonderful and my advice is to post every day, no matter what. You have a good attitude and the right idea. People who restrict foods often get frustrated and fall off the wagon. Slow and steady wins the race AND gives you time to build and maintain new healthier habits.

Susan
  • moylek
    moylek Posts: 27
    Options
    All the best. You've chosen a reasonable rate and a quantifiable method.

Keep us posted!
  • april1445
    Options
    It's a marathon, not a sprint. Keep coming on here no matter what, and you will get there.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    welcome good luck with your journey, fell free to add me if you are looking for mutual support
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose the same. Feel free to add me!

Good luck!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It's all about the little changes, trying to be a little better today than yesterday, and making tomorrow better than today.

Accept early on that you're not going to be perfect. You will slip up some days, everyone does. Instead of getting down on yourself, use those days as learning experiences. Make a positive out of the slip ups by learning what triggered it and come up with a way to avoid it happening again in the future.

Get and keep yourself in a positive mindset. There's a victory in a half eaten bag of chocolates when you used to finish the whole bag.

Be honest with your food logging. Measuring cups, spoons and a food scale are your friends. Use them to make sure your servings are accurate.

Find some physical activity you enjoy and do it. Walking, running, swimming, biking, dancing....... Make it a habit and your body will crave it. Once the habit sets it you won't feel right if you don't do it.

Congrats on making the first step.
  • Thank you everyone for the wonderful tips and motivational advice.

Looking at many of your tickers....you guys are amazing :) Great weight losses :)

These weight losses.......All on MFP?
  • Jessica_256
    Options
    I started yesterday. I want to loose at least 100lbs but could even loose up to 160.. maybe even more.
    I'm taking it slow too. Starting off just counting calories but I hope to learn healthier habits and add in physical activity as I go.
    Added you. Definitely need support and I've had so many people be critical of my diary before so you sound like a good match. :)
  • lahunt16
    Options
    I am starting today. Would like to lose at least 100 lbs, but obviously could use a lot more. That just seems like a big number for weight loss, but am going to give it a try. I am not a big fan of exercise, so that will be a challenge. I am going to try it with baby steps. At least track everything I eat for a few weeks and then maybe add some exercise in. I am looking for support since I do not have a lot of support at home. My husband is not heavy so just does not understand how it feels or the struggles that go with it. I am looking for some friends for support that have some of the same struggles. Hopefully this will help.
  • alphabull
    alphabull Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great that you are ready to take this journey serious. It's a long road but you have completed the hardest part, the choice to actually do it. Feel free to add me, I log daily and comment often.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey that's where I started......November 2012, fell off the path and started up again around May of this year. I'm down 35 lbs by staying focused and balanced with my eating and activity. I log every day, it's important to stay honest with yourself most of all. It can be done, I'm believing in myself this time not some special diet or magic formula. BALANCE IN ALL THINGS.
    You can add me if you like. Please include a little hello as to where we ran across each other on here to jog my memory.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It's all about the little changes, trying to be a little better today than yesterday, and making tomorrow better than today.

Accept early on that you're not going to be perfect. You will slip up some days, everyone does. Instead of getting down on yourself, use those days as learning experiences. Make a positive out of the slip ups by learning what triggered it and come up with a way to avoid it happening again in the future.

Get and keep yourself in a positive mindset. There's a victory in a half eaten bag of chocolates when you used to finish the whole bag.

Be honest with your food logging. Measuring cups, spoons and a food scale are your friends. Use them to make sure your servings are accurate.

Find some physical activity you enjoy and do it. Walking, running, swimming, biking, dancing....... Make it a habit and your body will crave it. Once the habit sets it you won't feel right if you don't do it.

Congrats on making the first step.

^^THIS^^ totally agree. you would be astounded with what a good walk will do and go from there!
  • julie3831
    julie3831 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • dizchic77
    dizchic77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! Add me if you would like. :smile:
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I welcome anyone to add me.

I log everything everyday. Even when I don't eat the best I still log. It kinda motivates me to do better. And even if you have a bad day, we all do, don't beat yourself up over it. Just try and make better choices the next day. One thing that I do that keeps me making better choices is that I add what I am thinking about eating to my log before I eat it. Sometimes it helps to see what your choices would do to the rest of your day.

Also, I know that you said that you are just starting out. But try walking for 10 mins every other day. I know when I first started out I was walking every day or every other day. And I noticed that I was feeling better and had tons of energy.

But I do wants to say way to go on making the choice to commit to making a better lifestyle for yourself. You are the only one who can make the changes for yourself, This is your first step to a better you. And remember do this for you and not for anyone else. It only matters what you think and how you feel!
  • I welcome anyone to add me.

I log everything everyday. Even when I don't eat the best I still log. It kinda motivates me to do better. And even if you have a bad day, we all do, don't beat yourself up over it. Just try and make better choices the next day. One thing that I do that keeps me making better choices is that I add what I am thinking about eating to my log before I eat it. Sometimes it helps to see what your choices would do to the rest of your day.

Also, I know that you said that you are just starting out. But try walking for 10 mins every other day. I know when I first started out I was walking every day or every other day. And I noticed that I was feeling better and had tons of energy.

But I do wants to say way to go on making the choice to commit to making a better lifestyle for yourself. You are the only one who can make the changes for yourself, This is your first step to a better you. And remember do this for you and not for anyone else. It only matters what you think and how you feel!

Thank you :)
  • ClaireyDeexx
    ClaireyDeexx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey there, congrats on getting started! Baby steps are an awesome start. Say honest with yourself, and keep learning and applying what's best for your health. Good luck!
  • markdfield
    Options
    Good luck with it. I've just re-started and want to repeat my success of the last year and lose another 100 pounds, and encourage others along the way.
  • zeezazz
    zeezazz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One goal at a time shows great success :wink: ... You've got this
  • vturner88
    Options
    Awesome mindset to start off in. :) Best of luck to you.

I'm in the same boat and could definitely use some motivation from time to time. Anyone, feel free to add me!