lost all motivation why?

Options
hi guys i really have lost a lot of mt motivation, i feel like i am getting so much bigger and for some reason dont have the motivation to do anythign baout it i was doin so well and was so proud of my self too but whats happened to me i have been like this now for a bout 2 weeks grr x

Replies

• Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hey,

I don't know why you have lost that motivation, but I know how you can get it back ;-)

Just do the first step back into the right direction NOW! :-)
    Choose to eat one good food now, instead of a bad one.
    Choose to get up and do 5 minutes of exercise NOW, be it a short walk outside, a step on the epilleptical or a ride on a bike.

Just do it NOW.

The first step is the hardest, once you've done that it'll get easier, I promise!

MM
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    this happens to me. often. I just feel like i am not getting any results. ill lose a bit of weight, then gain it back the following week. It is so frustrating
    I think that the best thing is to set very small goals.
    like.... do ONE thing better a day. just little things. No huge expectations.

for example, dont think I WILL LOSE 20 KILOS, think, today, I willl eat a carrot before each meal (etc) and then the next day add another small goal

additionally think of this... you will NEVER regret having a workout but you will ALWAYS regret not having one :)
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have that a lot. I keep telling jyself it's all worth it, but it takes all the willpower I have to do anything. The food I find easier then the exercise, but all in all, I feel ...just flat (if that makes sense).

But I feel worse if I don't do anything. I've only been on here for 5 days and already my scales are telling me there is a difference, even if I don't see one myself yet, so it is really worth sticking to it.

Just think about all the nice things you can buy when you reach your goal. You can do it, it just takes everything you have atm. But it will eventually get easier.

Like mamoonie said...just do a little of something and you will feel better for it. Good luck. :smile:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I get this alot, I've just come out of a 2 month loss of motivation.

The strange thing is when I start to see results or get close to a target goal I have less motivation than when i had quite a way to go.

Small steps is the key, opnce you get strated the motivation will come back. The hardest part is getting started then all you have to do is repeat !

Good luck :o)
  • justahorsen
    Options

additionally think of this... you will NEVER regret having a workout but you will ALWAYS regret not having one :)

I love this....I think I'm going to steal it!!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have that a lot. I keep telling jyself it's all worth it, but it takes all the willpower I have to do anything. The food I find easier then the exercise, but all in all, I feel ...just flat (if that makes sense).

But I feel worse if I don't do anything. I've only been on here for 5 days and already my scales are telling me there is a difference, even if I don't see one myself yet, so it is really worth sticking to it.

Just think about all the nice things you can buy when you reach your goal. You can do it, it just takes everything you have atm. But it will eventually get easier.

Like mamoonie said...just do a little of something and you will feel better for it. Good luck. :smile:

I'm going through this right now. Exercise is the easy part for me. It's the eating right that gets me. I hate planning my food. I don't know on Sunday what I'm going to want for lunch on Thursday and I know planning is key. I'm just taking is a meal at a time right now and hoping I don't undo all my good work.
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PMS? hehe, thats what kills me
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    NO real answers as I have experienced a similar feeling now that I am pretty much at goal. It was just easier to stay motivated when I was in the big losing mode. I just know I don't want to gain my weight back, so I focus on that now and do just take it one day at a time. As previously mentioned, it is taking that first step that is so important! Hoping you stay on MFP logging your calories and gleaning encouragement and information! Good luck to you!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It's a feeling you need to learn how to get through.

I used to be the same exact way all the previous times that I wanted to lose weight. Then I pretty much told myself I wasn't overweight. I was about 150 and when you're only 5'1, that is more definitely overweight. So I convinced myself I was average even if the BMI calculator said otherwise. Eventually I found my soulmate workout thanks to a friend and Beachbody coach. I started Turbo Jam in June and actually had fun doing it. I have done ChaLEAN Extreme and am on Turbo Fire now and still losing weight. I'm at 121 pounds right now.

For me, I couldn't just stick to eating right. I new I had to workout too and all the 2 DVD set workouts bored me half to death that I'd stick with them for a week and be back to my bad habits.

I think you need to find your soul workout. It'll help motivate you more.
  • leanne1973
    leanne1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just think of the last few weeks as a holiday. You wouldn't spend all year, day in day out, week in week out at work, and losing weight is just as hard as getting out of bed each day to go to work!

Give yourself a break, see this loss of motivation as what it is - losing weight is hard work and you've just had enough. Then just 'go back to work'! I have been being a bit naughty over the last 2 weeks as well. I've gone over my calorie limit every single day, sometimes by 600 calories! Yesterday I just decided to get back to it and start being 'good' again :D

Don't beat yourself up. Just start following a sensible and nutritious diet and exercising again and put the last few weeks behind you x
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Any negative event or health problems the lAST 10 days??? Might want to see doctor to rule out anything medical..from there it starts with the brain. Start the day with breakfest,exercise, & thinking this is going to be a GREAT DAY....MOTIVATION comes from within...find out what is bothering you then fix-it then GO.... DO IT>>>:wink:
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hate to be a downer....but.....lack of motivation is just another excuse for not accomplishing your goal! Don't give yourself reasons not to go out and do it!.......If there is no medical issues or had a bad event in your life lately then it starts with the mind! Tell yourself your feeling down,no motivation, or any other excuse just gives you reasons not to achieve.
    Get out of bed,tell yourself its going to be a great day,eat breakfest,exercise,& get some fresh air and the world is yours!! Always shoot for the moon...even if you miss it...your still with the stars!! Positive thinking!!!!:wink:
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    justahorsen- it is what i tell myself everytime i get lazy

;)
  • emkam11
    emkam11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I don't know why you have lost that motivation, but I know how you can get it back ;-)

Just do the first step back into the right direction NOW! :-)
    Choose to eat one good food now, instead of a bad one.
    Choose to get up and do 5 minutes of exercise NOW, be it a short walk outside, a step on the epilleptical or a ride on a bike.

Just do it NOW.

The first step is the hardest, once you've done that it'll get easier, I promise!

thank you i will try so hard, i am trying so hard and i think with all ur guys help i will get it bk x

MM
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    This happens to all of us. Weight loss isn't easy. If it was, everyone could do it. You have to set the goals for yourself and pep talk yourself into meeting them. Think of all the benefits to your health, your energy levels, and your appearance.