What I achieved in 2013 with MFP! (pics included)

Options
I had plantar fasciitis for 3 years and gained almost 70 lbs. I was fat, didn't feel well most of the time and I couldn't even do my elliptical for more than 5 minutes. Last year I made a New Year's Resolution to lose weight. Like many others, I joined MFP, lost about 5 lbs and quit. Then sometime in Feb. we booked a cruise for spring break. I knew I would be too embarrassed to wear a swimsuit the way I looked so I started back again. This time I was good about logging on MFP. I started reading the forum posts and adding friends that had experienced success. The first couple of months I ate very little (1,000-1200 calories) and did cardio like crazy. I was losing weight but I wasn't "seeing" the results and I still didn't feel well. I continued reading the stories of women on here losing weight by lifting heavy. I thought they were crazy so I began Power 90. I did start seeing better results with that than just doing cardio. However, I would see picture after picture of women lifting heavy and ending up with amazing bodies. I thought I might as well give it a try. Taking the advice of a friend that is a fitness model and personal trainer, I started upping my calories, first around 1400...I eventually ended up at 1736 and started losing faster. I had no idea where to start with weight training so I in July I sought the advice of Sara and SideSteel, They suggested I try the All Pro routine and gave me a link to the AP group on here, where others helped me get started. Within the first cycle I could my body changing. I started dropping pant sizes quickly. I'm 5' 9". I started in an 18 and now wear a 10. I just hit my initial goal, which was to lose 68 lbs. and I now weigh what I did before my injury. My BMI is normal and I'm in the acceptable range for body fat percentage. However, I still look flabby without clothes on and have so many women on my FL that have achieved amazing results with lifting, so I can't say the following pictures are my "after pictures" because I still have work to do. I'm still a beginner and haven't even progressed to "heavy weights", but they are heavy for me. I'm working on it and continue to get stronger. Let's just call them my Goal 1 pictures. I'm not sure what my final goal is but I'm guessing another 10-20 lbs. I'm going to focus more on lowering my BF% than a number on the scale now.

201f6274-4417-45e2-888f-9b5f161b005b_zpsdcd31d8a.jpg

This is from one of our cruises before I began dieting:
a8a9513c-12f7-4c87-a30d-20ac7d685072_zpsefaa1d78.jpg

Aug. 2012
0b6a9deb-9a7c-4235-be7c-973917c021af_zps8df42409.jpg

Current pictures:

2c965d9f-e4bb-4049-903d-d29666756bd2_zpsacbb40e1.jpg

86abd03f-b3b1-4f9f-b935-63f6eacceb57_zpscdf71fbb.jpg

You're never too old or too big to achieve your goals!!

Replies

• TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!! you look amazing!!!:happy: :drinker:
  • dimetime
    dimetime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good job and keep up the good work!!! It looks like you are happy inside and out!!!
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well done! Good for you.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous! Well done on your succes so far :love:
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look so happy and your glowing :flowerforyou:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    WOWOWOWO, Sper progress ! You look great :)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    By the way - you look 20 yrs younger in your after pic !!!!!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB - WAY TO GO!!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! You look fantastic and your smile says it all. All around a healthier, happier look on your face. I look forward to seeing journey as you further transform your body. :flowerforyou:
  • Dollymaker
    Dollymaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!! You look so much younger now, but more importantly, you look like you feel FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe your flabby under those clothes, you look ridiculously amazing and very svelte! Great job!!! Nice to see other women about the same size as me that look phenomenal. I have severe body dysmorphia, so no matter how good I look in a picture, I still see myself as that fat person in the mirror. Thank you for inspiring!
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Keep at it you are doing great. The skin will tighten up over time (months). you will be blessed in your perseverance.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look amazing!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should feel so proud!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • JenLakersFan
    JenLakersFan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Very happy and proud for you! You look amazing!
  • christianteach
    Options
    I find it hard to believe your flabby under those clothes, you look ridiculously amazing and very svelte! Great job!!! Nice to see other women about the same size as me that look phenomenal. I have severe body dysmorphia, so no matter how good I look in a picture, I still see myself as that fat person in the mirror. Thank you for inspiring!

Trust me, I still have fat you can't see under those clothes!! Not a lot anywhere (except my thighs...I'm cursed with big thighs!!), but some just about everywhere. The fat beside my knees drives me crazy because it shows in my skirts and the fat on my arms shows in short sleeves, and in a swimsuit it all shows! :embarassed: But that's okay, I've come this far I will continue on and kept cutting and sculpting until I get where I want to be. :smile:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!! :bigsmile:
    You've done SO great! You rock! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • christianteach
    Options
    By the way - you look 20 yrs younger in your after pic !!!!!

Wow! Thanks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!