Has anyone ever tried Shakeology?

I started shakeolgy in October and along with working out I have lost 12 pounds. It is suppose to be the best meal replacement in the market and equal to eating 5 salad plates a day. Has anyone else tried it and what results have you gotten?

Replies

• ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    I find it suspicious that every single one of your posts has been about beachbody products.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I drink it but started drinking it after I hit my goal weight, I don't drink it for weight loss but for my protein and my good nutrition. I like how it makes me feel, It gives me a burst of energy but others swear it won't give energy but I sure feel like it gives me a smooth rush of energy through out my day.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    I personally like to eat my calories and not drink them. I think I'm doing fine without shakeology.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Just another overpriced protein powder... seriously. Save your money. I lost a little respect for Horton when he started peddling that stuff...
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    equal to eating 5 salad plates a day.

What does this mean, exactly?
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    I had one mouthful of it once. Tasted like sweetened grit from Satan's welcome mat.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    I have used it once in awhile I got some in august and still have some don't care for the taste I got chocolate but did find it's okay with milk and 1/2 a scoop of it and 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein shake. I won't buy another. I got this one as part of my t25 challenge pack
  • I am not big on eating breakfast. I know thats bad. So i think it would be good for me to have for breakfast. Getting some samples to try next week.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    I am not big on eating breakfast. I know thats bad.

What's bad about not eating breakfast?
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    I am not big on eating breakfast. I know thats bad. So i think it would be good for me to have for breakfast. Getting some samples to try next week.

It worked great for me drinking some if or breakfast when I was pressed for time and I tend to workout in the morning too.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    equal to eating 5 salad plates a day.

What does this mean, exactly?

I think I'd rather eat the salad than the plate, but that's just me.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Overpriced low quality garbage.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Have you considered eating food? Cheaper and way more variety.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    I am not big on eating breakfast. I know thats bad.

What's bad about not eating breakfast?

That's what I was thinking. If you're not hungry when you wake up, don't eat. I don't always wake up wanting breakfast. If that's the case, I don't eat until I'm hungry.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Just another overpriced protein powder... seriously. Save your money. I lost a little respect for Horton when he started peddling that stuff...

^yep...with not very good protein to calorie ratio either.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    I started shakeolgy in October and along with working out I have lost 12 pounds. It is suppose to be the best meal replacement in the market and equal to eating 5 salad plates a day. Has anyone else tried it and what results have you gotten?

I only eat taco salads. those are like 1200 calories each!
    5 times that. I can't even comprehend the math involved.. No thank you.

I will just stick to good old food.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member

I only eat taco salads. those are like 1200 calories each!
    5 times that. I can't even comprehend the math involved.. No thank you.

I will just stick to good old food.

I only eat tacos.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Nope. I would rather eat food.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Yuck.
  • GreatGrace
    GreatGrace Posts: 24 Member
    I tried a free sample once because a friend of mine is a distributor. I didn't care for the taste and the grit. But if you like it, and it's working for you, go for it. If you don't like the taste or the cost, I'd say food instead of drinking this daily shake. Whatever works for you.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    I find it suspicious that every single one of your posts has been about beachbody products.

Oops! I think this thread backfired OP.
  • Not everyone will like or want to try it for whatever reason. That's okay everyone has their own way of losing weight and getting healthy. Shakeology has worked for me so far and I just wanted to see if anybody else has gotten results to. Thanks to everyone that answered politely! Others remember we should all motivate each other with support and kind words not rude comments. I'm open to any opinion just say it in a nice way.
  • toomanydogs99
    toomanydogs99 Posts: 33 Member
    It sounds fantastic. Does anyone know where I could buy it...my friends list is open

/joking
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Out of 12 posts, 10 of them have been beachbody related-- that sends up red flags that you're just here to sell stuff, and that's why people are being less than welcoming.

Also beachbody is an MLM-- you won't find much love for that here.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Not everyone will like or want to try it for whatever reason. That's okay everyone has their own way of losing weight and getting healthy. Shakeology has worked for me so far and I just wanted to see if anybody else has gotten results to. Thanks to everyone that answered politely! Others remember we should all motivate each other with support and kind words not rude comments. I'm open to any opinion just say it in a nice way.

I support other people not wasting a ton of money on shakeology. If you take that personally, perhaps it reflects on your impartiality.
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't use any type of diet related stuff. So can't say that I have.
  • paleojoe
    Not everyone will like or want to try it for whatever reason. That's okay everyone has their own way of losing weight and getting healthy. Shakeology has worked for me so far and I just wanted to see if anybody else has gotten results to. Thanks to everyone that answered politely! Others remember we should all motivate each other with support and kind words not rude comments. I'm open to any opinion just say it in a nice way.

Your results have nothing to do with shakeology... You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting otherwise and eluding to other people that they have to spend a ton of money to see results. Sorry if that sounds rude... sometimes the truth hurts.
  • paleojoe

I support other people not wasting a ton of money on shakeology. If you take that personally, perhaps it reflects on your impartiality.

This...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member

Your results have nothing to do with shakeology... You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting otherwise and eluding to other people that they have to spend a ton of money to see results. Sorry if that sounds rude... sometimes the truth hurts.

Agreed, You lost weight because you was in a calorie deficit and that would have happen without shakeology and by eating your calories over drinking them and on a side note I don't think you understand what the word "rude" means..... Best of Luck.....
  • I find a lot of people's responses here to be quite uninformed and ignorant. It doesn't claim to be a 'protein shake' or a 'complete meal replacement'. It's a supplement to aid in weight loss, increase energy, reduce cravings and increase digestion and irregularity, and that's what the ingredients in it are meant to do. If you choose to use it as a meal replacement, then it could actually save you money at $4-$5/serving (try getting a healthy breakfast out for that price).

I agree that everyone is entitled to eat/drink whatever they like, I just don't like when people have opinions that are not based on fact but rather based on personal opinion.