Who DOES NOT crave sweets and prefers salty stuff?

2»

Replies

• cwatts0
    cwatts0 Posts: 51 Member
    I too can pass on the sweets with ease .. but not that chip bowl.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    I like sweets now and then, but I much prefer salty/savory foods. Chips are a weakness.
  • SlytherinBat
    SlytherinBat Posts: 53 Member
    I never crave sweets. I can't stand the aftertaste on my tongue. Savory on the other hand:love:
  • SheridanLT
    SheridanLT Posts: 47 Member
    Me....love the salt!! Big plate of salty fries or onion rings.

Yum!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    I've never craved sweets. I like them but not as much as I like fats and salt. And, of course, beer, but the bitter IPAs are my favorite. Oh, and good smokey whiskey. So . . . crusty and rare prime rib, with salty fries or hash browns, and a Scotch for dessert? Yes please. Not saying I don't enjoy my ice cream though.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Cheese ... I can pass up everything else (well apart from the red wine), but you put cheese in front of me and it becomes a real battle.

Two weeks ago I went to a school reunion and I was very proud of myself, I allowed myself 1 small piece of cheese on a cracker and then resisted all of the other delicious cheeses (even my favourites). So it can be done!
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    My to-go naughty foods are french fries or potato chips! I do like the occasional sweet but actually prefer fruit or dark chocolate. I don't really like cakes, cookies, etc. I'm definitely a salty foods person!
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 499 Member
    I prefer salty. But I have a weakness for sweet & salty cinnamon mixed nuts. I will seriously down an entire jar in one sitting (1100 cal)...ouch
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    I don't have a sweet tooth:)
    But put a bag of potato chips or a plate of french fries in my house and they just won't survive.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    I love chocolate but other sweets not so much...not a big fan of salty stuff either but I do love salted nuts.
  • i love CHIPS ... the cheap kind is theee best buuuut since i shud not eat them at this time i have been eating ALOT of popcorn :)
  • accendo
    accendo Posts: 66 Member
    I will pick savoury over sweet any day of the week!
  • I was an absolute sweet tooth - I would have secret stashes around the house (that my wife would hopefully not find) so if I got in a situation that I needed the sweet hit - it would be there....and then came acupuncture! My acupuncturist has cured that sweet tooth feeling and the cravings have totally left. My wife is now asking where the "other guy" went.

Its all about balance. You should eat foods from all 5 flavour types - sweet, salty, bland, spicy (pungent) and bitter. All these types work for and against different organs.

So when I was diagnosed with stomach/digestion problems - I found that all the sweet foods were causing the grief. Now that I have been having acupuncture each week / 2 weeks - the problems have all gone, and I have lost 6-7kg because of that.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    No not a sweet freak. It's rich salty flavours I crave. Cheese, that's always the thing I want more than anything! Especially melted..
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Tortilla chips
    Blue cheese crumbles
    Frank's Red Hot