Carbs and protein

Options
I find it hard to respect both carbs and protein daily limit. If we have enough protein for the day then we don't have enough carbs and vice versa. Any suggestions?

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I actually have been able to even them out pretty much. I usually even all my meals out with both....

for breakfast I will have my eggs, and meat (protein) and add ezekial bread (carbs),
    then a protein shake (protein with little carbs) with fruit (carbs
    and have a carby side dish (rice or pasta, or vegetables) and my protein (meat)

Hope that helps. I think about my meals before I cook them and add them into mfp to make sure that way I can make adjustments.

This morning I had an English muffin and peanut butter with my eggs and meat, because I didn't have as much protein since my portion was smaller (I shared with my daughter).

Jess
  • fitpilotjake
    fitpilotjake Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Make sure your macro % are where they NEED to be for what you're trying to accomplish. More protein is going to raise your thermic body value and cause you to burn more, raising your carbs is going to increase your muscle glycogen storage for usage during workouts. You also NEED to have lean protein with EVERY meal during the day (at least 5 meals) along with either starchy or fibrous carbs and good fats.