I'm a bit confused..

Options
For the past couple weeks my weight has lingered at the same weight, I blame a lot of it on high sodium around the holiday foods but I randomly stepped on today after I woke up and the scale said minus 3 pounds.. I weighed the day before as well. I didn't change my eating habits, I've been steadily logging 1,200-1,700 every day based on exercise for the past 3 weeks.

I should add that I always weigh in the mornings before eating or drinking.

Replies

• helpmeet2day
    helpmeet2day Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Could it be digestive issues? Have you been regular?:blushing:

Could also be you are breaking through a plateau.

Could also be hormonal.

Just be glad you're down lol!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    You said it in your post -- high sodium. Water weight can fluctuate DRASTICALLY from day to day.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time! I just trust my tracking. Even though the scale says I'm the same for three weeks, I know my TDEE, I know I'm at a deficit. When I appear to lose fast it all averages out. Weight loss truely is not linear.
  • clarabkyu
    clarabkyu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You have possibilities for reasons..

Water weight, as mentioned before. It fluctuates day to day.
    Random decisions in your digestive tract.
    An awesome breakthrough for you!
  • hannahwilllose14
    hannahwilllose14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone (: I've determined that it was water weight from the sodium and mother nature

I'm just glad that even when I wasn't losing I didn't go off my deficit.

Anyway, looks like something's up with my scale cause when I weighed this morning it was 30 pounds less than normal :mad:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. A "couple weeks" is nothing. The overall average is all that matters. You can gain from one week to the next, lose one week to the next, maintain one week to the next, but when you do the actual math, your average will fit right with where it should be, if you are truly accurate in your approach.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My goal at the beginning of November was to lose five pounds by Jan. 1. Here is my low tech graph of my weight loss so far:
    7BEBF051-F51D-4C30-AE74-C9B05A20D315-826-00000169303193E9_zps625bfdb8.jpg

As you can see, for three weeks I seemed to be maintaining while eating at a about a 2000 calorie a week deficit. I just had to cross my fingers and trust the process, and I think I may reach my goal by Christmas:)
  • helpmeet2day
    helpmeet2day Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goal at the beginning of November was to lose five pounds by Jan. 1. Here is my low tech graph of my weight loss so far:
    7BEBF051-F51D-4C30-AE74-C9B05A20D315-826-00000169303193E9_zps625bfdb8.jpg

As you can see, for three weeks I seemed to be maintaining while eating at a about a 2000 calorie a week deficit. I just had to cross my fingers and trust the process, and I think I may reach my goal by Christmas:)

BTW Nice graph:flowerforyou: