INSANITY 60 DAY CHALLEGE-start Monday?!

Options

Replies

• doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Took my second fit test this morning. Progress was made for all of the moves. Here's where I'm at: (#1 fit test/#2 fit test)

Switchkicks: 53/69
    Power jacks: 47/55
    Power knees: 90/110
    Power jumps: 30/41
    Globe jumps: 9/11
    Suicide jumps: 10/13
    Push-up jacks: 17/23
    Low plank oblique: 45/46

I was severly under my calories for yesterday and didn't eat anything before I did the fit test this morning so I think I bonked at the end. Nonetheless, I'm happy with my results. On to the second half of month 1.
  • TJTAMPA1004
    Options
    What is it? I'm new here. Never heard of it. Is there a link?
  • heidiwilliams1
    Options
    I was so excited to see that there was a group started - I started on Monday too! I am loving this program so far - I can't wait to do the next fit test to see my growth. My 3 year old is even getting in on the action - she would try to do the moves too (not very successful) so now she has become my water/towel girl.

Has anyone tried going on to www.wowy.com support site that the program suggests? I am not sure if it will be beneficial (or if I will get more out of following along with my fitness pals?)

Keep up the great work guys! We can do it!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    What is it? I'm new here. Never heard of it. Is there a link?

Insanity is an in-home work out program. I must warn you though it is not for the faint of heart.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I was so excited to see that there was a group started - I started on Monday too! I am loving this program so far - I can't wait to do the next fit test to see my growth. My 3 year old is even getting in on the action - she would try to do the moves too (not very successful) so now she has become my water/towel girl.

Has anyone tried going on to www.wowy.com support site that the program suggests? I am not sure if it will be beneficial (or if I will get more out of following along with my fitness pals?)

Keep up the great work guys! We can do it!

Heidi,

Do you already have a WOWY account. I log my work outs in WOWY every day, partially for the support of never working out alone ( WOWY stands for Work Out With You). Another reason I log my work outs there is that every day I am entered in a daily drawing for cash or prizes (and yes people do actually win, I won $300 last November). If you need help setting up a WOWY account message me and we'll get you all squared away.

Hope this helps,
    Stu

p.s. Even though I log my work outs in WOWY, I still come here every day to chat with my peeps. LOL
  • TJTAMPA1004
    Options
    Ok, I checked out the website. Looks 10 x worse than P90 and that about killed me. OMG
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Ok, I checked out the website. Looks 10 x worse than P90 and that about killed me. OMG

I have done 1 round of P90X and am finishing my first round of Insanity and I can honestly say Insanity is harder, but in a different way.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Plyo circuit completed this morning. Burned 325 calories. Pure Cardio and Cardio abs tomorrow then I get the Cardio Recovery on Sunday - will feel good to give my body a break.

Still no budge in the weight but seeing differences in how clothes fit.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Plyo circuit completed this morning. Burned 325 calories. Pure Cardio and Cardio abs tomorrow then I get the Cardio Recovery on Sunday - will feel good to give my body a break.

Still no budge in the weight but seeing differences in how clothes fit.

It'll take some time for the weight to come off. I didn't see any weight drop until 2nd Phase. Also I see from your signature you plan on doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I highly recommend you wait until you complete Insanity. Just my 2 cents...
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    :) lost 5 pounds from first week and its not over :)
  • doo1963
    Options
    [It'll take some time for the weight to come off. I didn't see any weight drop until 2nd Phase. Also I see from your signature you plan on doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I highly recommend you wait until you complete Insanity. Just my 2 cents...

Thanks for the advice. I was going to wait until Insanity is complete...just doing some planning for the future.
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You guys are good. I got insanity here, but given that I only started exercising again after few years, I'm gonna leave it for a bit. And also it says talk to your doctor and I think this time I should. I watched the beginning and I really don't think it's for beginners. I think that even the name doesn't do it justice, lol.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Pure cardio and cardio abs completed today. Burnded 456 calories. Did a lot better on the cardio abs this time.

Cardio recovery tomorrow - a much welcome break.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Okay, cardio recovery done. Burned only 119 calories but felt good to stretch. Hope everyone is hanging in there.....
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    yah i missed a day but made it up on my rest day so im still on track :D um i hated cardio recovery i was sweating like a idk but i was walking like a duck after
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    way to go everyone!!
    WEEK 1 COMPLETED FOR ME!! :D
    totally loving this workout. Can't wait for week 2 to begin tomorrow!

Did anyone else take their "before" measurements and pictures? I did. I like to see how it works!

Also, are you all following the elite nutrition guide that came with the program?
  • kittens58679
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this workout together. We already completed the first month, but ran in to a few problems last week (which would have been our first week of Max). So, we're starting max over again tomorrow. We are wondering if everyone follows the nutrition guide or if you just watch what you are eating? Just curious!

Ash15nicole, we did take our before and after pictures, but we only lost 3 lbs. on the first month! We're hoping the second month gives us better results!

I would like someone to motivate me to keep going if anyone wants to be a fitness pal! haha...
  • kattungen
    Options
    I started today, can I join in on this challenge? I'll be a week behind y'all though...
  • doo1963
    Options
    I have some measurements I did after I completed my last round of P90X (I will post later). I don't think I've lost any weight yet (just finishing up 3rd week) but have noticed clothes fittiing looser. I know with P90X, most of the weight lost etc. came in the last 30 days so I'm thinking that most of your results will come in the last 30 days of Insanity as well.

Core power and resistance is on the schedule for tonight.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I am officially an Insanity Grad. Wooohoooo! Final stats 13 lbs. lost (all of that came in the last month) 24 Inches Total and 4% body fat. I don't have my pictures on my work computer, but when I get home I will post the pictures to my profile. Today starts a new challenge..... Couch to 5K/P90X Hybrid.