Anyone from upstate NY?

Options
loriq41
loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
I am approaching goal weight but I think I now need motivation more than ever..it gets frustrating and Thanksgiving was less kind to me than I expected *sigh*...so any upstaters around? Add me! :)

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm from upstate, NY... well it depends on where you consider upstate to start.. apparently there is a debate about that. I'm from Poughkeepsie.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm from upstate, NY... well it depends on where you consider upstate to start.. apparently there is a debate about that. I'm from Poughkeepsie.

I'm going with Mid-State... :smile:
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit North of Buffalo on Lake Ontario!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Central New York - which we call upstate....:smile:
  • livesmith
    Options
    I'm south of you at the corner of I390 and I86.
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im from the Syracuse area!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Also from Poughkeepsie, but I do not consider myself to be from Upstate LOL. Anyone from the area feel free to send me a FR. I'm using my phone right now on the mfp website so I won't really able to read the responses on here until I'm back on my computer this afternoon.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    That's pretty funny - I'm originally from the Syracuse area too (Marcellus, if ANYONE'S heard of it) - but - people from NYC think anything over the Tappan Zee Bridge is 'Upstate NY'!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I am from Buffalo, NY which is western NY. Feel free to add me. Becky is right, NYC folk think anything outside of Manhattan is upstate.
  • adiposediet
    Options
    Another one from the 'Cuse! I've lived in most parts of the state at one point or another, though, from Rockland County up to the border (my mom could see Canada from the maternity ward!).
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Well we will consider you all upstate as long as you are not Long Island way...he he..I am from Rochester where there is no outdoor exercising for me in this chilly weather! :)
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Well we will consider you all upstate as long as you are not Long Island way...he he..I am from Rochester where there is no outdoor exercising for me in this chilly weather! :)

Sure there is snowshoeing, XC skiing, downhill skiing for just go for a hike. Dyer Rd. park in Victor is a fun place
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Buffalo here!

Use to live in NYC and when people found out i was from buffalo they wanted to know if everyone has a farm in Buffalo and if the roosters are our alarm clocks every morning :ohwell:
  • kristina1709
    Options
    Buffalo here!

Use to live in NYC and when people found out i was from buffalo they wanted to know if everyone has a farm in Buffalo and if the roosters are our alarm clocks every morning :ohwell:

^^^ LOL :laugh:
  • kristina1709
    Options

Sure there is snowshoeing, XC skiing, downhill skiing for just go for a hike. Dyer Rd. park in Victor is a fun place

Aww ...Come on Go outside and play!! Im out running in this freezing weather! :) Refuse to train these next 15 weeks on the dreadmill!
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yep! Albany area.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Grew up in Unadilla(good luck finding it on a map)...30 mins East of Binghamton
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Amherst, NY (suburb of Buffalo)
  • jblank1031
    Options
    My wife and her family is originally from Endicott. Spent way too many weekends driving on Rte 17. Endless hours.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Orange County (Monroe) here, although not too far north on the map, I still consider it upstate since I'm originally from Brooklyn (Flatbush).............
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!