Quick Protein Squares

Options
If like me you have a sweet tooth but don't want to reach for the chocolate here's a great recipe you can adapt and make your own. I have tried this recipe with different things, and different protein powders but I will advise not to use strawberry - it tastes okay but it's not great!

Ingredients:

1 cup rolled oats - I tend to stick to Quaker
1 cup vanilla protein powder - I use diet PhD vanilla creme
1/2 cup honey
1/2 peanut butter - crunchy adds a great texture

A dash of skimmed milk may be needed

After that, you can use what you want to add into it. I normally add some extra almonds chopped up and raisins but it would work well with chocolate pieces for that added sweetness.

In a bowl, add all the dried ingredients - protein powder, oats and any other additions.

In a small bowl, put in the honey and peanut butter and put into the microwave for 30 seconds.

Combine both mixtures together. If your struggling to get it to combine then add a dash of skimmed milk to help.

Place in a flat bottomed tray - I use a square baking tin 9inches x 9inches. Use your fingers to push into corners and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set. Cut into 25 squares and then they can be left in the fridge for up to 7 days and normally have between 60-80 calories depending on what you add in - I find the recipe creator on MFP really helpful!

Enjoy xx

Replies