Hi everyone. Newbie looking for online support

Options
My name is Shelly and I have just started tracking my food here today (although I started my profile a long while back). I am looking for online support. Starting a healthy eating lifestyle is hard but I am determined to do it.

Anyways, hello.
:flowerforyou:

Shelly

Replies

• victorialynnwillis
    Options
    Hi, my name is Victoria and I'm always looking for new friends.This is my second time trying but I have lost 10 lbs in about 20 days and I'm not giving up again! Feel free to add me :happy:
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    feel free to add me.......i live here....lol...:)
  • Akoehler1965
    Akoehler1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Andrea im also new would love to have any support and sugestions.......
  • mom_2006
    Options
    im new to this too! ive been a member for a while but havent logged anything yet. im looking for support as well. so add me and maybe we can help each other thru this a newbies! :)
  • mom_2006
    Options
    hey as a newbie myself, i have found its very hard to figure all of this out. feel free to message me with any questions. or if your having a bad day! im here for support.
  • marley24
    marley24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there - looking for a buddy to help keep me accountable! I am 34 and aiming to keep my net daily calories at around 1200-1300 and follow a mostly vegetarian diet. ( I started eating fish again after 20 years of following an ovo-lacto veg diet) I am recovering from hip injuries so my exercise plan is mainly swimming and bike riding.

I have had good results in the past with journaling on fit day but I have never had any buddies would really appreciate the help!
  • Christina2189
    Christina2189 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Christina. This is my first week using My Fitness Pal and so far I love it! I think the friends on here are super motivational and definitely help me stay focused on my exercising and eating right.
  • jenbalonek
    jenbalonek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I started Day 1 of my log grudgingly and without much motivation this morning. After reading all of your posts I realize I'm in the right place and now looking forward to my treadmill and iPod this evening. I'll be adding you as my motivation pals. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)
  • Chelsey2016
    Chelsey2016 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Chelsey and I just recently started mfp once again and I am also looking for supportive friends. Please feel free to add me! :)
  • grannadar
    grannadar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly
    I am Darlene I have been tracking for I think around 3 months now, maybe a little longer. I am also going to a personal trainer 2 times a week. As of today I have lost 27 pounds. I can tell a big difference when I track & when I don't. A big tip my trainer gave me is WATCH your sodium level carefully. It will keep you from losing weight. AMA recommends 2500 she recommends 1800. I can tell a big difference when I go over that too. If you drink soda's going to water will help even if you flavor the water still better than soda. Canned foods are full of sodium as a preservative. Fresh/frozen vegetables/beans are are better. I mostly each chicken or fish with some lean pork or meat 2-3 times a month. ( my cholesterol is bad :-( ) I hope some of these tips help. Feel free to add me as a friend. God Bless!!
  • livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am starting over again! Anyone is welcome to add me! I'm looking to loose about 60-70 pounds and just be healthy again!
  • MarciaV
    Options
    I signed up a while back but then gave up. I just finished school and decided this next year I'm going to focus on my health and fitness. Would love to have a couple of buddies to encourage and get support!
  • noisha13
    noisha13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just started on MFP an would like support and encouragement. Also enjoy hearing others success stories or tips on MTP.
  • britteliz1
    britteliz1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I've been here for about 21 days and have found that the best way to do this is to make friends! I sent a few of you friend requests and I'm always happy to make more!
  • Kokuri
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to this sight, looking for supportive friends. I've been consistently trying to diet. It never works out T.T But here I am, trying again :)
  • KellyJean73189
    Options
    Hi Everyone-

I have been a member of MFP for a few months now, but never really set up my profile. Just tracked my calories/exercise via my phone app. I recently found the community section, and love it! I have lost about 32lbs and only have a few more to go, but maintaining my weight is going to be the really challenge for me! I am looking for a support system to be a part of:) I have also found that I have hit a "plateau" over the last few weeks. Find myself slacking on the tracking of the calories and burning of the calories during exercise....any advice to help me get back on the wagon would be appreciated!!

45474464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • erikab7
    Options
    I'm new too! Add me. Inhad a baby 7 months ago. I have to I've been on the weight gain/loss rollercoaster a couple of times already. It has never been harder to lose weight than after having a baby! I need a ton of support as well.
  • JennyLyn28
    JennyLyn28 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! I started mfp last week, and so far really seem to like it. SO much easier than pen and paper lol. My short term goal is to lose the10lbs, I've put on in the last 5 months. Long term goal would be 20lbs and maintain a healthy life style. I have two very young girls, and I want to be a healthy positive role model for them. My husband and I just recently relocated to a new State, so I've lost my old support team :( And my new job has me chained to a desk all day, were my old one I was always up and moving. So many changes...just hoping to get back on track, fast! I would love any support you all may have to offer!