Question for the parents...

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Where do you hide your gifts? My husband is a hunter and the gun room is always locked so that's where I stash the gifts for the kiddos. They are pretty sneaky and love to snoop so thank God we have a room that can be locked from the outside.

Just wondering where you hide your gifts for your kids.

Replies

• kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    My kids are little yet and I do almost all of my shopping online so I just leave them in their boxes and tell them that they're for other people
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Don't need to hide em too much, they are the kind of kids who enjoy surprises. :bigsmile:
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    mmm, I tend to wrap gifts the MOMENT they arrive at the door because I not only have a snoopy four year old, but I also have a snoopy husband AND a snoopy roommate (or he would be if he wasn't working so much), LOL! Then they're put in the pantry. When I have had to hide them for a bit, they're in my clothing drawer (underwear is best, ha ha) or way up high where a certain little dinosaur can't find them XD. But I really do have to wrap them immediately because our home isn't very big and thus there aren't many hiding spots.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    We've been unsuccessful in previous years, but this year the boys have both been sleeping together in my 3 year old's room and they never go into my 6 year old's room. They are in the older son's closet in a big brown box. Haha, if only he knew!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that the perfect place for the gifts would be the spinach drawer in the fridge!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I take them to work and hold on to them until the last week. Wrap them there and then bring them home. MUST do this. The boys are worse than the girls!!!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Our friends house.
  • fattofit84
    Options
    I wrap mine immediatly upon buying them while kiddos r at school! We hide santa gifts in the attic!
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    in my closet, behind my hamper of dirty clothes.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I used to keep them in the hall closet..but my kids have gotten wise to that...so then I started hiding them in my trunk of my car...but I switched to a van last year..so under my bed I'm thinking this year..LOL
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I don't bother trying to hide them. Anybody who sneaks a peek will be INSTANTLY tattled on anyway.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Garage, or guest room. Or I just wrap them as soon as possible.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    In the draws under my bed. However the boyfriends present normally gets accidentally revealed by me!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Last year was hard. My husband built a giant wooden swing set in the back yard on Christmas Eve. I took my son to the zoo during the day while it was being built but it was rather difficult to keep him inside until morning.
    This year should be easier, anything small can be hidden in a closet or outside in the boat shed.

Problem is, I don't know what to get him.
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine is only 2, but he's already figured out that we keep most things we don't want him into on the top shelves of our closet. He knows where they are, so we just wrap them as they come into the house, or we just don't bring them in until he's in bed. He sees lots of presents in the closet, and points to them, but obviously can't tell what they are :P As he gets older we may have to get sneakier.
  • anna1m
    anna1m Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Suitcases
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    basement under old blankets even after they are wrapped
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    tmi
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I hide them in my bedroom,my kids know they are not allowed in there and they don't
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    car trunk