weakness during exercices

Options
HI everyone

I need some advice cause I ve been experiencing some weakness during my exercices. I basically feel like I have no energy at all, blurred vision and head spinning …
Did you experienced this in the past too? How did you manage?
Thanks a lot for your advises guys

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    could be anything, low blood pressure, not eating enough, exercising too hard, exercising too long, hormones, asthma, etc.

have you had a check up from your doctor? do you have any underlying healthy issues?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Could be any of a hundred things.

But if you are running a large caloric deficit, that would be one of the first places to look.
  • juliecl86
    juliecl86 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am globally pretty healthy I eat a normal amound of food and healthy.
    I never really expreienced this before. All I can tell you is that I have stopped exercicing for 5 months due to an ankle injury and I just started to exercice back last week.
    Since then I feel really " sluggish" ( do no if it is the right word in english basically no energy like a slug).
    I was suspecting a sugar deficit as I am not use to train at this intensivity anymore? should I drink some kind of energy drink during the sessions?
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You probably need food instead of an energy drink. I sometimes get like this if I haven't had enough to eat...could be low blood sugar.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    You are probably right but it is a bit difficult to eat during a spinning or a body pump class ;)
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I am globally pretty healthy I eat a normal amound of food and healthy.
    I never really expreienced this before. All I can tell you is that I have stopped exercicing for 5 months due to an ankle injury and I just started to exercice back last week.
    Since then I feel really " sluggish" ( do no if it is the right word in english basically no energy like a slug).
    I was suspecting a sugar deficit as I am not use to train at this intensivity anymore? should I drink some kind of energy drink during the sessions?

It's possibly also that you are just not as fit as you were pre-injury. I always feel rubbish when I return to exercise after a break but it soon comes back
  • clintondeterville
    clintondeterville Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    True if you have been out off action for a short while you will be trying to do what you did before in the gym you need to take baby steps again and rest your body until you get back into the groove again sounds like your not resting enough between workouts
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    not eating enough, I had a similar episode... try adding more protein calories
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Do mention it at your next check-up with your doctor, though. I thought my fatigue during exercise was just normal from cutting calories, and it turns out my hemoglobin was low! I'm iron anemic and having to work on that now. I went from iron deficiency my doc never even mentioned to low hemoglobin before I knew there was any issue at all.

It could be other medical things, too, so just watch the symptoms and do mention it at some point to your doc if it's pretty consistent.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Don't work out on a totally empty stomach. Have a banana or glass of chocolate milk an hour before and drink water during your workout. And yes, see your doctor if it persists.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Ah, well, then it sounds like you're just going too hard after the long layoff.
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    There is a good chance your dehydrated and lacking proteins. This can your symptoms you are experiencing. Try eating just a little protein (hardboiled egg or half cup of cottage cheese) 20 min. to half hour before you work out and keep the water intake up
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I would fuel better prior to workout - sounds as if you are experiencing low-blood sugar but to be on the safe side, definitely see your dr.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    Thank you to all of you guys!! I will definitely follow your advices eat a bit more protein just before excercicing and checking with my doctor if the symptoms persist. AND take it easy!
    Thanks a lot again!
  • juliecl86
    Options
    So 1st feedback. I had a fruit and a red bull light ( ok I know it is not the healthiest no need to remind it to me) before body pump and a cinamon biscuit just after and before spinning class. Let me tell you everything went perfectly. Didn't feel exited just awake and able to focus which I couldn't do before.
    So 2 hours of gym without any problems nailed! :D
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Could you be overdoing it? Maybe busting your *kitten* without easing back into your old routine/intensity?

Also, the food thing. How many calories are you taking in each day?
  • juliecl86
    Options
    I am on 1400-1500 cal per day. I am not depriving myself. I eat when I'm hungry and even when I am not ( before the gym). usually having a banana.
    Now I am going to bring some dry fruits with me to snack in between workouts at least one or 2 dried abricots. I think it may help.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    And yes I probably overdid it too fast. I though that I could go back to my old routine straight away but it seems like my muscles melted haha!
    I am taking it easy now.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Great news!